Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thoughts and Prayers to our New Zealand club members

Just wanted to put out our thoughts and prayers to our New Zealand club members. Yes we have a couple that have been with us for many years. Graham and June Mock and Duncan Smeaton and I hope I have not forgotten anyone. We hope you all faired well and your families are safe and uninjured, with the recent earthquakes in New Zealand.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Re: Thoughts and Prayers to our New Zealand club members

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. The earthquake was devastating for those living near it, although as far as I can tell, only 2 people have been killed. That's bad enough of course, but it could have been a lot worse. Both the Mock family, and I live in the North Island, some distance from the quake which occurred just after midnight. The Mocks were closer and probably felt it, but I am ashamed to say I slept right through it. My wife few to Wellington on business the following morning and had to fly straight back home again as the entire central city was shut down and evacuated.

In the area most affected, roads are out, and may be so for months. Some roads may be re-routed, rather than repaired.

If anyone is interested, I suggest they look at http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/headlines and have a look around that site.

Thanks again for the expressions of concern.

Duncan

Where Are You From? Waihi, New Zealand

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby 4 door sedan in process of restoration

Re: Thoughts and Prayers to our New Zealand club members

Duncan, great to hear that you and your family are OK, We've also heard from Graham and although they felt the quake, they are also OK. I understand on your great island they are a bit frequent, but still scary. The DMAC is a family and we're always concerned when any of us are in possible harms way. Take Care!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

The Durant Motors Automobile Club