Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1930-31 doorhandles

I'm just making an observation here, I'm not the one selling these doorhandles. Ebay has 1930-31 exterior doorhandles for sale in their vintage parts section. The are listed as NOS(and the sure look like it). They are for a roadster or touring since they have flat escutcheons, not curved which fit the closed cars.They would work for a rumble or trunk lid, but have no locking feature.The open cars have to be the rarest models for this series. Were they left over from the last batch of production? From the spare parts department of a long defunct dealership? How did they last this long before they were put up for sale (86 plus years)? I'm sure many of you have had dreams of stumbling on some parts cache of NOS parts that have somehow been lost to time. I know I have. Anyway $85 seems like a fair price, but a lot more than the $2.60(or whatever) from that defunct dealership. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: 1930-31 doorhandles

Karim picks up parts from auctions etc and I told him these are for open car touring or roadster 30 / 31. Mentioned the roadster goes on backwards and that he can tell they are open car because of flat escutcheons and shorter shaft.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club