Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: national meet

Brian- We are so happy you felt at home in our DMAC group! You fit right in! Sorry you could not stay until Sunday-but hopefully next year you can stay until the end! Get some of your kids to help you get the Durant up to snuff with the parts you bought! See you next year!

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

Birgit and I live closest to the meet and we're still unpacking and putting things away! Ha ha! We enjoyed so much to host everyone this year and it was such a truly rewarding experience for us. It was great to have about 68 people registered and about 15 cars sign up to tour on nice quiet rural roads with reasonably good weather. Oh by the way, anyone notice the Massasauga rattle snake warming up in the middle of the road on the way back from Big Chute? And come to think of it, I don't think we really lost any members this year on our driving tours. Anyway, it was great to see everyone again and a big thank you to all the members and new ones for coming out and making it a special and memorable event. A big thank you to all the members that helped carry things in and out of the hospitality room, the others that helped set up the lunch table and later helped with the clean up, thanks Don Federlein for following up with the trouble truck and trailer, and thanks to the guys for carrying the tables and the loaded heavy old school coke coolers to and from the lunch stops. These things made our job easy and lightened the load considerably - THANKS EVERYONE.

In closing, this meet or any the club holds would be a non starter if the members did not come out and support it. When the members come together, it's like the sun came out and everyone has a great time. On behalf of Birgit and myself we'd like to thank everyone for attending and we're already looking ahead to next year in Modesto, CA.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star F Touring

Rick's new photo on the forum home page was taken at the recent 2016 National meet at the very historic Coldwater Mill. Thanks Charlie Spitz for shooting the pic and many others for us.

So three Canadian built and Ontario registered cars. Can you identify them all?

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star F Touring

Rick: Thanks for choosing one of my photos for the DMAC Forum....I opened the page this morning and I was surprised, and then a big smile.....I loved that photo as I was taking it, and I want to thank all three owners for their cooperation in making that photo happen

Don: thanks for the comment. Hopefully your thumb drive also arrived at your home.

As most of the members know, I really enjoy taking photos, and I am very proud to see them on our website.

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi Charlie,

I love the pictures you sent of the National meet and just could not resist posting your pictures of three, count 'em three Frontenacs. I've never seen three in the same place before, Wow.

I'm at a week long Sales conference at the moment, but intend to post the rest of your pictures over the weekend.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Roadster

Rick

thanks...I had to stage the Frontenac photos, and I am so glad that I did. As you know I do not look at the photos as I take them, I just pray that I get something...when I downloaded the three...I was really pleased, ok I was **** PROUD...that I got a really good photo.

Thanks for posting so that all the members can see them....I have sent individual photos to several members....if you think that I took your photo, please send me an email and if I took your photo, I will send them to you.

Charlie

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club