Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hershey Fall Meet and the DMAC

I received the request for Flea Market spaces today in the mail and will send it back out tomorrow to the AACA. I put in for two spaces, hopefully we will get them in a good spot, but wherever it is, we will make do. We still need members to volunteer to man the table/booth for some time periods. So if you think you will be at Hershey this year come by the booth and hang out for an hour or so to relieve those that are working there. (They might want to get out and shop some too) As soon as I hear we have the spaces for sure I will let everyone know.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

I will be in Hershey at the show and will be able to help out at the booth. I know someone who has three spots. He may be willing to let one go to us. I will ask him and let you know.

Where Are You From? Staten Island NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? ( 3 ) 1923 Star Touring cars

Hello Mike. Some thoughts about fall Hershey. If a spot could be secured I would be willing to bring my small vintage airstream to set up as a base of operations. also, if we could arrange an additional driver and tow vehicle ( i can supply a car trailer) I would be willing to bring my 31 roadster as a display vehicle. I think its a great idea to shine a new light on the Durant brand. Kenn

Thanks so much Ken for the offer and we will see what we can do. I sent of the request for two spaces somewhere on the fields and will see if they give me the spaces. Two should be enough to have a table & chairs and have a car displayed. That would be great to show and would get people to stop. You'd have to put a NOT FOR SALE sign though . If I can't get the two spaces someone has offered to let us have one of their spaces that they usually get, but it would be just one space and probably not enough room for everything. Sometime in the next month or two they will send me a confirmation and package about the spaces. I'll keep everyone posted.

I was gone over the weekend, but when I got back this morning the Hershey Registration forms were int he mail. Looks like the DMAC is going to Hershey this fall! I will register for two spaces there. Not sure where they will put us, but anyplace is a good start. More to follow as time gets close.

An update on the DMAC having a presence at Hershey this year. I have sent a check for two spaces as I spoke about above. Sometime this month I should get the package in with what spaces and where we have it. I have some members who have volunteered to help out at our space and one member who volunteered to bring a car for display, and that's a great idea. I've designed and will have printed a tri-fold brochure about our club with a membership application inside and will bring some of the old Partners for us to hand out to good prospective members. Now I need to locate if possible a pop up ten, table and make sure we have some chairs there. The pop up tent we need is the type that people use at car shows, flea markets and art/craft shows. One brand I know is EZ up I believe. Anyone in the area have one we could borrow for that weekend. also a good size portable table, maybe a fold up would be good. I also will need our club Banner that someone has. Please let me know who and were it is. Maybe Don A. do you have it for September?

Mike:
I have the banner for the Canadian group. I believe that there were five printed and we were given one to save the customs etc that would be involved in sending the banner back and forth across the border through customs.
I was given to understand that each chapter or region was given one so that they could use it for events. Perhaps Frank can shed some light on this.
I will have our banner at Orillia for Don.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors, Leaside

Mike....

I made a banner for each chapter. I have the East Coast one. I will get it to you before Hershey......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? hookstown pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Sraes Durants DeVauz

I received the confirmation package from the AACA Hershey Region today confirming the DMAC will have two spaces in the Chocolate field which appears to be in a good spot. These spaces will be CE 44 & 45.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Now that we have the spaces at Hershey confirmed, I need members who will be attending or can attend to help man the area. I will have a tent, chairs, table and cooler with water there, Brochures and old issues of the Partner will be available to give out to prospective members. We will not be able to sell any of our club merchandise this time due to sales tax rules. I need other members, some of you who have already volunteered to help me out make plans and help me out. I don't want to be the only one there Tuesday through Saturday 8:00 to 5:00. So if you haven't made your plans, then please do, even if you can give me a couple of hours during your shopping and parts hunting would be appreciated. Hopefully we'll get some new members out of it. See you at Hershey in the Chocolate Field South!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

mike will be at Hershey for 3 days will stop in to help TOM & KAREN

Where Are You From? pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Thank you so much Tom & Karen. It will be great to see you. I posted the spots we'll be at and I will be setting up on Tuesday and be there through Saturday afternoon. All Durantonians and prospective Durantonians are welcome to come by and see us. Hopefully we'll get some new members out of it!

Mike:
I plan to be at the Hershey swap meet for a full day but am not sure which day yet. I will stop by early on that day and see when a good time would be to help out at the booth. Do you have plans for sign up sheets to man the booth on these days? Let us know.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi Steve;
I don't really have any sign up sheets, but so far I have Tom & Karen, Gary , Don & Birgit, Ed, and others. So any time would be helpful, even for an hour just to give me a break for awhile. Of course any and all members who are at Hershey are welcome to take a load off, get some water or soft drinks and hang out for awhile. When we get closer, I'll let everyone know my cell phone number so they can reach me there. I'll set up on Tuesday and be there from Wednesday through Saturday. See you all there!

Leaving early in the morning for Hershey and the DMAC booth there and will be there for the rest of the week. Remember anyone visiting Hershey, please stop by. We'll have a seat and water/soft drinks waiting. Remember, South Chocolate section CE 44 & 45. Look for the big red tent. See you all there.

Hi Mike: enjoyed Hershey hope all was well at your house when you got home.

Where Are You From? Pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

A big thank you goes out to President Mike for planning, organizing and getting the ball rolling on the DMAC space at Hershey last week. A lot of work, a flight in and out, hotel, meals etc. etc for nearly a week and that really adds up these days. And to top it off, Mike came to the meet with the uncertainty of a looming hurricane Matthew bearing down around his home!

Thanks goes out to Gary Kauffman too for helping Mike with the set up and take down of the tent, chauffeuring, and to both of them for being on hand there pretty well constantly every day throughout the week.

I think it's good to wave the flag as a marque, have a spot where members can drop in and relax and chat and also to promote DMAC to others. The weather this year was just outstanding and made for a most enjoyable meet.

I hope the group sees the merit in making this an annual event. Thanks Mike for taking the lead on this to get it off the ground and Gary for all your help too.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star F Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club