Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need a new head gasket for a 30 Durant 407

We need a new head gasket for our latest Durant 407 car W8 engine from Canada that Ray owned, it is a Victor 819 gasket and it actually has W8A 402 on it also.
None on E-Bay, or other suppliers, wondering if anyone has a extra one or a idea who could maybe have new old stock gaskets.
Thank you.
Lance Haynes
oldcars@lancedurant.com
Phone 858-560-5737

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes many many of them

Re: Need a new head gasket for a 30 Durant 407

Hi Lance
Al Lambert [Gasket City] usually has W8 gaskets. He is in Hamilton, ON
Ph 905 679 6597 or 1 888 335 4686
www.gasketcity.com
GOOD LUCK Jack

Where Are You From? Whitby,ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durants & Flint

Re: Need a new head gasket for a 30 Durant 407

Thanks much Jack.
Gasket City in Canada had all the Canadian made 30 Durant 407 head and exhaust manifold gaskets ( BTW all W8 4 cly Continental engines are the same as US cars) and we bought 2 as they actually were very reasonable at only $65.00 each. Was kinda strange they sent us a slightly used combo intake exhaust manifold gasket but we used it OK, Rays old one was leaking but we had Kenyon Machine Shop mill the manifold as the ends had really raised way out away from the engine. Milled the head a bunch also so got a little more HP but also am running a high voltage coil and increased the whole exhaust pipe system and see through zero back pressure muffler. Running the bigger 650/19 WW Firestone tires and the Model "A" supplier brake Drum bands on all steeldralic stock drums. I like Steeldralic brakes with the band and have the rare little factory adjusting pliers to adjust the band. Someone already installed stock Durant 3:90 gearing in the rear so we are on the local Freeways here and doing A-OK. Uph shop next as interior is orig and pretty bad.Buy Ray sold us the car for only 8K so was a great price. Was pretty costly the customs and hauling from Eastern Canada to here in San Diego but we are happy.
Thanks again Jack for the heads up to Gasket City as we could not find one single head gasket anywhere on the Internet. We now are using 3 29 Durant cars and this 30 Durant in my chauffeuring business here in Southern Califorina as we are now coving all of the south.I have the red fedder 27 Star, and Gary Kauffmans 29 model 60 and my 29 cream model 66 up on my www.hireoldcars.com website and will upload the 29 model 63 deluxe w/ 6 wire whhels and Rays 30 model 407 soon.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes many many of them

The Durant Motors Automobile Club