Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DMAC East Coast Spring/Summer Meet, Bowling Green, Kentucky June 9-12, 2016

Hi Ken, very sorry you will not be able to make it. This year was a real problem getting dates, with holidays, and school graduations taking up hotel and attraction spaces at this location. This was the best date I could find for us. We'll miss you two!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

I'm sure the weather will be fine and what a great place to visit. Don't forget to make plans early! You won't want to miss it!

Hi All.....

Room booked, Cathy & I will be there.

Planning on bringing the "new" Devaux.

See you all there.........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Hey Frank that's great! I know there will be at least three there anyway. Should be a good time.

Time is getting real close, so don't forget to book your hotel rooms at the Hilton in order to get the discount price. Instructions are listed above. They can be cancelled if something comes up but cut off is the 1st and after that rooms are upon availability. I have locked in a Corvette plant tour for us in the morning and after that a tour of the Corvette Museum for Friday. Saturday will be a downtown tour of the Kentucky Museum and/or the Kentucky Railroad Museum in the old L & N Railroad station there. It will be a great time to take a small vacation and Bowling Green is right off the Interstate so it's easy to get there!. See you there!

Mike

OK, who's all coming to the ECC Chapter Meet in Bowling Green? Haven't heard yet. I'm I going to be the only one there?

Mike: I would love to be there for the meet but it conflicts with other things on my calendar. My son will be graduating on June 11th. Steve

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Well that's understandable Steve. That was the problem this year with trying to schedule it in May or June but April just slipped by. This month with Mother's Day and this weekend Memorial Day here in the U.S. as well as the hotels not being available due to various graduations we just couldn't have it in May. I guess June is cutting into graduations too as well as family summer vacations. We'll see if anyone else responds that they are coming.

Reservations made, waiting to hear from Mike if the meet is still a go. Hopefully we get enough people to sign up to make this happen.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Alright ECC people, I'm very very disappointed. According to the Hotel we only have 3 yes that's 3 rooms reserved so far and today is the last day for the great rate but the hotel might extend it a bit further. Haven't called them today yet, but with my room, I have 6 other members who have said they'd come. That only means 7 people and that is just not enough! I blocked up to 20 rooms and most of the time at our events we have 15 to 25 people. Where are you all at? I know we usually have this event in April but it just could not be arranged. Summer is vacation time and the weather is supposed to be good in a great part of the country. With a lack of interest or attendance I just can't get the deals on hotel rooms, free hospitality room and the special tours at museums etc with only 7 people. And many do not want to tow their car if only 7 people are going to show up. Besides the ones listed above is anyone else thinking of coming? I will have to cancel the event unless I can get some more individuals to attend. I have to let the other members who are coming and the hotels and museums of the cancellations so they do not have extra tour guides etc show up just for us. All of you know that when you do come to an event you all have great fun and a good time. So call right away and send me an email to my email address to let me know your coming for sure.

Let me know ASAP by tomorrow evening 06/02/2016 by 5:30 P.M. If I don't get a response I will call the venues and cancel the event on Friday!

I'm scheduled to be there only I'm staying at a private residence.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Mike

As you are aware, the dates did not fit into our June travel schedule, with just returning from San Diego last evening, Peg going to St. Louis on Saturday for a few days, and then off the San Juan for a week, and at the end of the month back to San Diego.

Have a great time, we do wish we could be there.

charlie and peggy

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: DMAC East Coast Spring/Summer Meet, Bowling Green, Kentucky June 9-12, 2016 CANCELLED

Due to lack of interest and responses the East Coast Chapter Meet in Bowling Green, Kentucky is CANCELLED. A check with the hotel this morning only had 3 rooms reserved and those members that contacted me about attending only totaled 8, including myself. For those that were planning to attend I'm sorry and make sure you contact the hotel to cancel your reservations as soon as possible. I have contacted the hotel and will send out an email to the museums and venues I had planned letting them know we will not be there. Please make plans on attending the National Meet in Ontario in September and I'll see you all there.

Re: DMAC East Coast Spring/Summer Meet, Bowling Green, Kentucky June 9-12, 2016 CANCELLED

I want to say to Mike, thanks for your efforts in heading up this get together. It's not easy with tons of things to take into consideration and being part fortune teller never hurts.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Mike,
Thanks for all the work you did on our Chapter meeting. Like Don said you have to be part fortune teller. Wish my health had allowed me to attend.

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport,NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? E-55 Flint

Thanks Mike for all your efforts. We will see you in September!

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Mike....

thanks for all your efforts.

Cathy & I will miss seeing everyone. We will be going to Canada for the July and September meets. See you there....

Cathy & Frank

Where Are You From? hookstown pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

The Durant Motors Automobile Club