Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of DMAC member Guy J. Beizil of Peace River, Alberta Canada

Rick and Sonia just let me know that DMAC member Guy J. Beizil from Peace River, Alberta, Canada passed away on March 1, 2016 from Lung cancer. Anyone who attended the Vancouver Durant Meet would remember Guy. He was driving a 1926 Star Touring Car with a canoe on top. He drove his 1926 Star Model M a long way to get to the meet and joined in the tours and got lost with the rest of the Durantonians in attendance. Our condolences are with his family. Anyone that wishes to send a condolence card can find his address in the last Membership Roster or send me an email and I'll provide it to you.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Passing of DMAC member Guy J. Beizil of Peace River, Alberta Canada

I've spoken with and emailed Guy for several years and is one man I would have really liked to meet. He seems to be a special "back to nature" type of person with a tremendous personality. He loved his Grandpa's old Star and used it regularly to go fishing.

photo Guy Bezil_zps3fpcqkuk.jpg

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Sorry to hear of the passing of Guy.

Cathy & I will cherish the memories of meeting him at the Vancouver meet. He was a very unique and colorful person.

RIP Guy, we will miss you.......

Frank & Cathy

Where Are You From? hookstown pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

So sad news.

Pam and I were privileged to have met Guy at the Vancouver meet. He certainly was a memorable "character".
He was rightly proud that he had driven his beloved Grandpa's "Bazoo" from Peace River to Vancouver to the meet.

A couple of links if I may to two photos from the previous events (2011 - part 1)) which keep his car and face in my mind. The passenger in the second photo is fellow Club Member Ian also from Adelaide.

R.I.P Guy.

Frank & Pam

http://www.dmacweb.com/events/DMAC%202011%20part%201/target34.html

http://www.dmacweb.com/events/DMAC%202011%20part%201/target41.html

Where Are You From? Adelaide, Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes - 1925 Rugby Tourer

The Durant Motors Automobile Club