Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet

Mike

For Peg and I it is a date issue more than it is a location issue this year. Because of our travel schedule to and from San Diego in April and May, as well as a meeting schedule that I have in NJ, weekends are extremely limited for us.

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I understand Charlie, not a problem it was great to be able to have you guys join us last year in Frederick. We'll be figuring where and when we're going in the next week I hope and will let everyone know.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Looks like the winner will be Bowling Green, Kentucky in late April early May. There is plenty to do there, Corvette Museum, Corvette assembly plant tour, history things downtown. I'll come up with some dates here in a day or two and start working on a deal on hotels. Looks like the tentative dates are May 12th through the 15th or any weekend after that. Prior is Mother's Day Weekend. It depends also on what is happening around Bowling Green and the availability of hotels.

I believe that to be a Great idea and I intend to be there with enthusiasm! Hopefully, the Corvette sinkhole has stabilized by now!!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: DMAC East Cost Chapter Spring Meet

Hello everyone.

Bowling Green sounds fine. How about the weekend of May 21st.

Thanks, Arthur

Where Are You From? Heathsville, VA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Mod, 70

Alright time is getting away fast. I've been in contact with several hotels in Bowling Green, Kentucky and due to a Corvette Convention then Graduation mixed with Mother's Day and Memorial Day I only have a number of weekends to choose from.

Possible Dates:
May 5,6,7 2016
May 26,27,28
June 2,3,4 2016
June 9,10,11 2016

The 26, 27, 28th of May is the Memorial Day weekend, which would give everyone an extra day to either travel home to be with family or stay around the area and do tourist things. I'd like to lock in the hotel as soon as possible and set the date so everyone can make plans to travel. Right now we would possible do two tours on Friday, one the Corvette Assembly Plant and then afterwords the National Corvette Museum across the street. Or the museum on Saturday and somewhere in between something else in Bowling Green. The assembly plant is not open for tours on Saturday or Sunday. Please give me your feedback asap on who would attend the event and what dates would be best for you. The majority wins on the date. That way I can get this going.

Mike

Memorial Day weekend works great for us. I like the idea of having an extra day for those of us who are not yet retired!! Who's bringing donuts?

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928Durant

I can do May 5,6,7 or anytime in June.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club