Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I have been working on this car a long time. Once again I need some help. I have been able to locate a distributer and housing. I bought cap and point from E-bay. However the point do not come with the spring can someone help with what I can use for the spring that keeps the tension on the points and also I think there was also a copper piece that sits along side the spring, I do not have this either. I need some help on this one thanks. Eliot

Where Are You From? Farr West Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Re: Points

I've been able to buy new points from NAPA. They come with the spring strip and copper strip and look like points used in the 50's. The ones in my 25 Star are "Blue Streak" part number AL5661X made by Standard Motor Products.

Where Are You From? San Francisco area

When you are getting new points and the rest--If you get a new cap be sure to also get new rotor-- the old are a different heigh that the new and caps wont fit over them.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yep 30 Durant-model 6 14 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Don't know about this site but he covers Durant. Star and Flint

1925 Star points early IG 3040A and 4036D late 25 Rotor same for both but caps different.

https://hagensautoparts.com/catalog

Yes NAPA has our parts also.

Where Are You From? Ottawa, Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The parts I have I purchased from E-bay. I have an Auto-lite distributor I do not see any part number on it. The cap I have has IG-57 stamped on it, I believe it may interchange to IG-1057. The rotor is round and the package it came in has part number AL13 hand written on the bag. I do not have a part number for the points but the total length is about 1.75 inches. I did go to NAPA the part suggested by Brian was shorter than mine. These points seem to be the same as what would be in my 26 Flint however the Flint is also missing the points.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club