Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Devaux at auction

Nice looking coupe in the pictures .. Wonder if we have it in the Registry

http://www.larryswartzauctioneer.com/upcoming-auctions/

Lot of old cars in this one when you click on the see the items.

(hope Rick takes the enter image off soon, with it taking 4 tries to post anything)

Where Are You From? Ottawa, Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

It happened yesterday. This DeVaux Custom Coupe is now in the DMAC. I only have 3 or 4 of the Custom Coupe's on the DeVaux Registry and this is the best. It has been on the Registry since the 70's.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Fill Steve and I in on which one it is in the Registry, Gary. We have lots of 31 De Vaux's but many missing info on engine serials / casting info. That will be Hayes body 151 if Custom, 152 if Sport, or 153 if Deluxe.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Frank's car has been on my old registry for many years. On the copies I sent to Steve it is listed as the "Wolf" car. I thought I sent Steve the additional information when the grandson thought he was going to get the car. Now of course Frank can get that to you.
I should say that when I took over the old Registry from Howard and Myron years ago, my interest was only tracking known cars and finding new ones. Any ID I had was good enough for me.

Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi Gary .. The little gray cells are working again on this De Vaux. Frank was to get me the engine serial once he went to see the car at the auction. Still waiting Frank .

We had talked on emails in Jan once this car was known about to be auctioned and as I said Frank said to wait until he attended the auction and he would get block serial.

We obtained all the info from the auction place before the sale except the engine serial. Custom Coupe, Blue / Black, Hayes body tag 153-1026, block casting date, just not 40A-1-xxxx. Yes owned by Stanley Wolfe.

In the Registry we are looking for all the details on vehicles as outlined on the form we had posted in DMAC, that Rick put under Tech page at top. Surprising how many DMAC'ers have not supplied info on the cars they own. Roster is full of cars not owned by the members now or for years. One of Frank's and other committee members was to clean up the Roster and get info for the Registry.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

The Durant Motors Automobile Club