Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 28-9 Durant Radiator Emblem

Hey Guys, my radiator emblem is the 28 brand with the white "D" and the blu background in nickel. It is the original emblem on the unrestored car when I bought it. Mine came from the Elizabeth NJ plant.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

The reason I posted this is because when you look through the photo section and I believe sales literature also there seems to be no rhyme or reason on what was on what. Granted a lot could have been changed over the years but I thought maybe some sort of pattern may present its self.

Like many other guys I feel mine are original. If you look at the 29 Model 63's and 66's in the photo section, many have the blue D.

Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I was thinking it might have something to do with production year versus model year.

Model year is Aug 1st to July 31 of next year until Jan 1st 1930 when that was finally stopped with the whole new line. VIN's are model year. Aug 1 1929 to Dec 31 1929 are 1930 model year.

Eg the 60 came out in Oct 1928 so blue on white, but model year is 1929. Might be the Jan 1st 1929 production was switched to white on blue ? But that doesn't work either. Claude Lavoie's, Elizabeth plant 1928 production, 60 is white on blue.

Might be no rhyme of reason to it. eBay has a 66 brochure with white on blue. Terry's site has 55, 65, 75 brochure white on blue and those three models are introduced in early 1928.

This topic has come up before on forum with no conclusion why some cars have one and others the opposite.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Dave and others, this is actually why I request photos with Registration forms. That what I can put a lot of vehicles of the same models same years and various factories together and see if these type of patterns are present. Let's hope that when the Registration Forms go out to new members applications that they will include a few photos. Thanks for the Post Dave

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? No I own a 1933 C-400 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors of Canada

I own a 1928 D75 and it has the original blue "D" with the white background and nickel trim. One of my friends has a D65 with the same setup.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club