Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it Just Me,,,,,,,,

Is it just me or did anybody else incur a turkey and dressing nap this afternoon? Shirley and I had a great time and survived the relatives. We hope ALL of you guys had a good helping of the same. See you'ns next year and I'm already plotting Star stashes around the USA in preparation for another marathon Road Trip.
And, keep in mind, the DMAC Museum project is still very much in the works.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Texas

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Re: Is it Just Me,,,,,,,,

DIDNT HAVE A NAP---TOO MUCH NOISE AROUND HERE. SURE COULD USE ONE BUT MAYBE SOON ALL THE ROWDYS WILL LEAVE-- Best wishes for all you other rowdys --

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yep 30 Durant-model 6 14 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Merry Christmas, my nap today was on the flight from NJ to San Diego. And now Peg and I are in San Diego for about 8 weeks. But it is colder in San Diego tonight than it was in NJ when we departed.

Where Are You From? NJ and CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Wall Township

Merry Merry Christmas to everyone.
Got a great present from Ray up in Canada just a few days before Christmas his 30 Durant 407 sedan 4dr all stock and w the big W8 engine.
It seem to have 3:90 gears in the rear end as RPMs are down at 50 MPH..Got to get the tach on and will know more.
Runs great, looks pretty good we are happy. Converting to 12 volt w/ alternator and a extra set of headlights so we can see to drive it safely at night,
and the 5 new Lester WW tires are here already from Lucas Tire, and Kenyon Machine has already made the alum base for the lighted lead crystal glass angel for the radiator cap. Brides and photographers love those glass angels. Charlie come on by and drive another 407 .
Looking forward.
Lance Haynes
San Diego

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Lance is the car that was owned by Ray Walker ? If so can you provide me with the I.D. plate info and the Engine plate info that I had requested from Ray but never received, just trying to keep the Vehicle Registry info up to date. Thank you

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? No I own a 1933 C-400 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors of Canada

Per Leaside aftermarket

For Model 407
42390 Bevel Ring Gear 43 teeth
42391 Drive Pinion And Shaft 11 teeth

For Models E, 407, 611, 614, 618, 670
40558 Bevel Ring Gear 44 teeth
40568 Drive Pinion And Shaft 10 teeth

For Models 614 and 618
40661 Bevel Ring Gear 47 teeth
40189 Drive Pinion And Drive 10 teeth

In the 407 write up in DMAC it gives this info.
The 4.40 gear ratio in the 6-14 was changed to a 3.90 in the new model-407. The 2800 lb standard sedan cruised effortlessly at 50-60 mph.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club