Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Back together, up and running

It will be one month tomorrow? I got into this...I could have bought Egge valves from the start but I'd still have 2-4 weeks of waiting time for them to trim up valves to fit. Price was fine if your not in a hurry :)

Started right up in 30 degrees at 10:30pm with a few COLD coughs...Warmed up we raced around the block and surly pee-off the neighbors with our squealing glazed brakes and then high balling it through "Dead Man's Curve" 3 times.
We got a good shimmy going once(loose king pins, tire rod ends )coming out of the curve and the ignition stumbled(miss and coughs) from our worn out distributor bushings when we pushed a bit in second on a straight-a-way. Worn distributors really don't like Higher RPMs or any RPMs!

Got the head re-torqued once back good an hot . 45-lbs torque went right down to 25-30 lbs. We'll hit the torque once more. 3 usually does it fine.

Now on to something easy ,a slow leaking tire tube.

D.M.S.

Where Are You From? Ct

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club