Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Biscuit

For lack of a better term is there a biscuit or a high temp. gasket that goes between the manifold and the exhaust header?
Anyone have a source or part number?

Thanks.

Where Are You From? Kamloops BC Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star (being restored to a delivery service van)

Re: Biscuit

I just talked with Sandy Oleson With Oleson Gasket and he said that gasket for the header pipe to manifold is a copper clad/covered Asbestos "O" ring..This is for the W-4, W-5, and also the 14-L and I am sure others using a 1 3/4" pipe.....The seal/packing is Victor #6006, the Dimention is 1-25/32" I.D. X 2-1/8" O.D. and is like a copper clad asbestos O Ring....We are not sure but think that the pipe end doesn't require a flair....The manifold gasket itself is a Victor #8328.... I had used the wrong packing on my W-5 so thought I gould get one to have on hand.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA ? Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club