Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DIstributor housing

I need a distributor housing for my distributor that mounts it to the back of the generator. I sent my generator/distributor off to be restored and my housing has the dreaded stress fractures that our great pot metal pieces get. Before I go through the trouble of having one made from scratch, does anybody out there have one in good condition or one of the new old stock or reproduction ones that were made over the years. Phil Peters had some of the new old stock ones but he is out of them. Past member Franz had made a number of them but he is not a member anymore and is out of contact. Anybody have any ideas?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: DIstributor housing

I purchased a distributor housing for my 1925 Star F from Franz on ebay in May of this year. It fit just fine. http://www.ebay.com/usr/fixitgarage2013 Good luck

Where Are You From? Sandy, UT

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star F

Hello Mike, I have a couple of used housings in good condition. I would be willing to part with one, but, have no idea what they sell for.

Where Are You From? Bothell, Washington

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant model 60

Hey Bruce, I sent you a PM to your email address.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

The Durant Motors Automobile Club