Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Star Motor Info/For Sale

As found I guess you could say. Not exactly a museum piece but a Star/Durant person could scavenge a few items from it if needed. Better to find a member that could cabbage it and preserve some fine history instead of melting it down and turning it into an Asian import car to re enter North America.

Where Are You From? Oro Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I totally agree Don. Left to clean up my father's estate. This motor along with about 7 Model T engines and various parts such as radiators, steering, rear & front ends, 5 window coupe body etc.

The Model T parts are a different story. Since you can purchase most any part for a model T, it makes them more popular and the prices are higher.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Thanks Don for the info. He operated an antique business for nearly 55 yrs. Hopefully I can find a buyer that treats me right on the purchase and appreciates the parts for what they are.

Dale, any luck selling that Continental Engine ? I don't need the complete engine but if it ever comes down to stripping the block I'd be interested in the parts and am willing to pay a fair price . Dave

Where Are You From? Custer, S.D.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 StarTouring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club