Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Historical Data Project

This is a little of your topic but has many of the same elements as your trying to collect and just as important to the Durant Motors history and accuracy of all vehicle facts. Was there anyone or any discussion at the National Meet about sending or handing out Vehicle Registration Forms? Something that I have requested executive and chapter presidents and encouraged members to do,I have spent hundreds of hours chasing down information on any Durant connected vehicle worldwide and have had added many vehicles that might never make this Registry because there is only a few of us who care enough and are committed enough to take the time and to get the correct details for generations to come. Much of my time is spent on our own forum chasing downs members vehicles that I see that are not currently on the Registry with little success. I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? No I own a 1933 C-400 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors of Canada

What about a car like mine-- It is a 30 Durant deluxe rumble seat coupe but it is a compilation of three different cars--I wouldn't know where to start looking for numbers . No tag on floorboards ( there was no floorboards) . Let me know what to look for and I will try to send in the info . I have been to all the club meetings and still don't know what I should be looking for.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yep

Ken:

I sent the data requirements to your email - DJ

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 6-14 Deluxe Sedan

Thank you DJ -I will try my best to answer all the questions. No guarantees though
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yep

Hey Ken;
When you get the pages from DJ on the project, just take the sheets and fill out what you can. Of course he doesn't expect you to take your wheels off and see what the bearing numbers are, but some of the other type and numbers might be visible, such as starter, generator etc. This is a great project for the club to help those after us have a documented history of what are cars are and what parts were on them. Sure it's not going to be 100% accurate because over the years people have added parts and substituted parts, but when they get a good representation, the data will fall into place on what the majority of cars had on them when they were new. Thanks for doing this for the club Ken!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

The Durant Motors Automobile Club