Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alemite grease gun

I have the fittings but I don't have a proper grease gun. Does anyone know if there is an adapter that can be exchanged for the Zerk fitting on a regular grease gun? Or a source for the Proper grease gun used on Durants
I could not find anything in the archives.

Thanks,

Where Are You From? Kamloops BC Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star (being restored to a delivery service van)

Re: Alemite grease gun

Check out this link. The Alemite pin fittings are still being made and they should also carry the adapters to fit.

http://www.mbfittings.com/pin_type.htm

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Hi Ken.....

I got an adapter from Restoration Supply Company. They also have he various fittings .

http://www.restorationstuff.com

the part number for the adapter is LUB090

Restoration Supply Company
15182-B Highland Valley Rd.
Escondido, CA 92025

To talk to us in person you can call Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm PST. Or you can leave a voicemail message if it is after hours.

Order Desk Toll Free: 800.306.7008
Other Inquiries or Outside the US: 1.760.741.4014
Fax: 1.760.739.8843

Hope this helps......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Can also check eBay as there is always guns for our fittings there, which is nice to have building up the vehicles tool kits it once had. Unfortunately there are no markings saying Star or Durant.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

I have a generic factory, period,tool kit size grease gun with screw in style piston.

The leather cup in between the piston washers is rotted away.. There's a small project or just static display for a tool kit.

Barrel about 1-3/16" O.D. Dia. and the whole tool overall about 7-1/2 long with handle screwed down. Correct Alemite twist on fitting with large diameter thread probably not easy to adapt to something else?

Yours for the postage if interested...just send a direct email if you like with an address.

Regards, David

Where Are You From? Ct

Thanks David for your kind offer but I ordered the Adapter from Restoration Supply this morning.
Someone else may want to take up your offer.
Thanks to all who responded.

Where Are You From? Kamloops BC Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star (being restored to a delivery service van)

Duranters,

The little Alemite tool kit grease gun has been claimed .

Where Are You From? Ct

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club