Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant huckster truck

Does anyone know how many Durant star huckster trucks where produced?

Where Are You From? Belleville il

Re: Durant huckster truck

I just was trying to get some info on the the huckster truck, because I can not find much info. I have a 1927 Durant star huckster truck. Just wondering if anybody had any info about it.

Where Are You From? Belleville il

Many of the wooden bodies that Durant/Star put on were from the Mifflinburg body works in Pennsylvania. That's not saying all bodies were made by them, I'm sure that you could buy the chassis and then go to any body manufacturer and have a body built for you. This past weekend I was browsing through some of the old club magazines and came across and advertisement for the wooden truck bodies. A number of different styles were available.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Take a look at Don Shillings 1929 Durant truck in the photographs section....

Frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Yep Mike about truck bodies. Number of different styles and Co's. Leaside seems to have used, Canada Carriage & Body Company of Brantford, Ontario. Which is why Can trucks bodies differ in looks to US ones.

Hit this today scanning Google images of Durant / Rugby / Star trucks. 1929 Rugby Camper in Rhodesia.

1929 Rugby photo Rugby_29_Motor_Home.jpg

Make Rugby
History
Year 1929
Built by Durant Motor Co. Originally a truck, the caravan was fitted by someone in Johannesburg, South Africa. In 1930 the vehicle was used as a staff canteen in Johannesburg. Acquired in 1952 by Peter Bartlett from Les Brown & Morgan, used frequently by Peter.

Chassis No. 1119

Engine No. W5-580324 (orig. 406335)

Coachbuilder Body Style Caravan

Colours Cream with black fenders

Ah its a 401 One Ton Rugby and vin is T-1119 so Leaside vehicle originally.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

I have a Huckster that you can see in the 2010 Lancaster album, or go to ytube and type in 1926 Durant truck it has a short video someone posted of my truck from when I was at a show in New Symrna, Florida. you can call me for questions at 386-871-5223.

Where Are You From? Daytona Beach, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Durant Woody Star [ huckster ]

Assume that's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWLp8yxbenU

Not sure we have your info on the Star for the Registry of vehicles world wide connected to Billy Durant 1921 to 1934. Model, vin, W5 serial number, casting dates etc. We'll be in touch.

Bruce .. seems we have the info on your 1926 Model M from Lansing with 84 Chevette engine.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club