Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Language Barrier

I hope this is not an omen of difficulties ahead but, I called the hotel in Mendota Heights today concerning any extra fees and charges they would charge us. Instead of reaching the hotel I was redirected to someplace in Europe to a fellow speaking English with a heavy Indian accent. Now, picture this, a born Southerner trying to communicate with a Hindu,,,,,,, At the beginning of the call someone said that the call would be recorded for future training purposes. I think they got enough out of this exchange to use in a whole class.
I wonder what kind of cuisine is going to be offered in the hotel restaurant?
Anyway, I'm ready and have a car located in Idaho, if I can work a deal on it. I missed last years shindig so now I'm ready for a good road trip and show and tell.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Re: Language Barrier

Hmmm, well it only gets worse as companies ship jobs offshore. Odd how they do that to save money but they don't pass the savings along to you and I. I guess the bright side is while everything you pick up these days says "made in China on it", they didn't speak Chinese or Cantonese to truly test your southern abilities and language skills.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hey Don, a couple of years ago I had a problem with an Internet router I had here. I had AT&T DSL service and had to call them for some tech help. Well my fist contact was in India, this person transferred me to Atlanta, who transferred me to the Philippines. Then I got transferred to Asheville, North Carolina to an individual who was nice and could help me and spoke English without any foreign accent. Within about 30 minutes I traveled around the world without leaving my office. I did feel like I might have suffered from some jet lag though.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Well, I hope you get to feeling better and manage to lag your jet over to Minneapolis come September.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club