Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bob Porter 1927 Star

Hello everyone,

Our 1927 Star restoration has reached the point of paint. We are currently exploring colors and contemplating over which shade of blue to paint the body of the car. We are very fond of the 1927 Star Model M owned by Bob Porter; and would love to know the specific shade of blue that this car is painted.

Does anyone know the current whereabouts of this car and possibly the contact information of someone who would possibly know the specific color that the car is painted?

Any helping hints or leads are appreciated.

Jacob Harbour
jharbourmusic@gmail.com

Where Are You From? Danbury, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes. 1927 Star Model M sedan

Re: Bob Porter 1927 Star

Hi Jacob
Bob Porter was a great and valuable member of the club for many years. He lived in the Panhandle area of Florida not far from Tallahassee. Have not heard anything about him or his car for many years and his car has not surfaced yet. Bob prided himself in restoring his car to the most authentic car he could have to leaving the factory standards. Doing a justice to future generations. He took great pains in researching material and paint. He sent me a couple of samples of the correct paint for the engine many years ago. I'd call the Auto Color Library people in California and speak to their historian. He was able to come up with original paint chart for my 1928 and provided me the paint for it. They are great people to work with.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Thanks for the information Mike; it is much appreciated.

Jacob Harbour

Where Are You From? Danbury, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes. 1927 Star

Mike / Jacob .. per search Would appear the car is still with the family.

Robert (Bob) Porter of Panama City Beach, Fla., passed away Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013.

Bob enjoyed gardening, maintaining his home and lawn, working on his antique car and showing and touring it with his wife Betty. He and Betty also enjoyed traveling in the U.S. and foreign countries and attending Broadway plays and classical music concerts.

He is survived by his wife of 66 years, Betty Porter; son, Robert Porter Jr.; and several cousins, nephews and nieces. -

See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/newsherald/obituary.aspx?pid=168863726#sthash.ucPuRcRv.dpuf

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Thanks Norm. Not to long Yates and I was talking about him and wondered if he had passed. I fine gentleman indeed and a great Durantonian. He loved his Star. I'll have to reach out for his son and make contact with him.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

The Durant Motors Automobile Club