Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to tell if my star is on the registry

wondering if my star 6 is on the registry?
We just bought her a couple weeks ago. This is a new world for us!
Tag says model R vin L-9511

Where Are You From? Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star 6

Re: How to tell if my star is on the registry

Darlene

I just checked the Durant Registry, which is a part of the DMAC website (under Durant Cars), and I did not see that VIN #.

You did not indicate the previous owner, but if he/she was a member of the DMAC, there could be a photo of the car under the photographs section.

We would love to have you join the DMAC, and there is a form under 'join us' on the main website page to become a member.

I am sure that once others see your post, they will also extend you an invitation to join, as well as be able to provide additional information.

Charles Spitz
Eastern Regional Director

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thanks,
I don't much of its history as we got it from a motorcycle dealer that took it on trade.
It runs.. Sorta. Need to clean out tank. It is missing the trunk deck/ rumble? Really uncertain
Of the model.. I posted a couple pics to the Durant auto club Facebook page

Darlene

If you can post a couple more photos of different angles, especially one looking straight at the front, I am sure once the club experts see the photos and these posts they will be able to identify all of the info that you need.

charlie

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Charlie / Darlene .. yes we have part of the info on the Registry. 1926 Star Coupe L 9511 owned by Scott in Morrison Colorado. No pictures of it in DMAC photos.

Only a partial use looking in DMAC Registry under Durantcars. Terry stopped doing anything in his site with my 32 as last one Dec 2006.

Steve Large in Mississauga has created a new Registry, since four years ago, using all the known lists of vehicles and we search world wide to find more to add. Kijiji, Craig's List, word of mouth, eBay, etc etc. We have that Registry form on DMAC, which does not require joining DMAC to register existing vehicles. I am presently having that form revised to add casting info on vehicles.

Having said that, yes we would welcome all the missing info on this coupe as far as colour (s), engine serial, casting dates. I will send you the form in its present state to gather the missing info and show you as its owner. And yes Steve would welcome pictures of it as well. The Registry form is on the Tech section of DMAC and another to join DMAC is under Membership section.

Here's the car off Facebook. I'm sure someone has a trunk lid to help them out.
1926 Star R coupe photo 1902809_1147679788591225_6314347559149573304_n.jpg

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Since I got a 1926 STAR coupe, I am interested with that car.

Can you give me more about it ? .

To Norm : I would like to registre my 2 cars, but in what registres ?.

Will you be at quelph at the annual meeting in 28 to 30 juil ?

Where Are You From? Montreal Qc. Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? STAR 1926 coupe

Hi Henry ... will send you the form to add your two cars to Steve's Registry.

No I will not be at Guelph meet. I have developed AMD mid Jan this year and can't read books etc, and have to use a magnifying glass to read the PC screen. Get three needles a month in the eye, I hope are doing something. As a result I can't drive anywhere, my doing for safety of everyone inc myself. You can imagine typing this or any mails with difficulty.

Steve might drop in at the meet for a few hours since its about 40 miles from him.

There is a 2nd pic of this car on Facebook, more direct on the front.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Henry I sent an email with more pics.
We honestly bought the coupe to cut down to a rat rod. After some
Research it would be a shame to cut up a survivor! This car does run
It needs some cables replaced and the fuel tank cleaned.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club