Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
14 L & 15 L water pump repair & restoration

Well my next project today was to remove my water pump off the side of my motor. Any tricks or secrets I need to know before I start to restore it? Started taking it apart and the shaft seems frozen, haven't really worked at it yet. The two cups on the top I presume are grease cups to lubricate the shaft or are they oil cups. If oil, should I use 600W or something else. If grease what type. The hole in the bottom doesn't look like is should be for grease as it's very small. When I took it apart kind of looks like grease, but then again it's been sitting there for a long long time. Let me know if anyone has taken these apart and if I need to watch out for anything.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: 14 L & 15 L water pump repair & restoration

You need to use water pump grease. It is solvent in water and won't congeal in your radiator tubes.

Well thanks. Just what I was looking for, this kind of information.

Mike, just go to the closest Durant place and buy a new pump. Complete pump for a 65 is only $4.60 US. Or Complete set of water pump wearing parts for the 65 is $1.70 US. Has that in the US aftermarkets.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Mikey! I have a line on a stash of NOS Durant water pumps still packed in cosmoline but I need some advance money to pick them up. Only $130.00 each. They are in Bengazitopia and will be ready by April 1, 2016.

Let me know how many you would like.
Don

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Wow Don, what a bargain, but I like Norm's prices better. Besides if Bengazitopia is in Southern Texas, the parts are probably under water and hard to get to. Ha Ha

The Durant Motors Automobile Club