Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DeVaux's found!

First I have to thank Dave Schulte and Bob Smith for finding a DeVaux for sale in Staunton, Ill. This is at Country Classic Cars. I called them and they gave me all three identification numbers that I need. I went to my Registry and I found the match. Last contact was in 2008. Good price for a "Fall Series", Restored car. (Colors are not the best match) I can send E-mail copies to anyone that is interested.

I then got the incentive to search for DeVaux's for sale in Google and came up with a beautiful restored car for sale in Valley City (Salt Lake City Utah) One car on my "Lost" list was from Boise and sold in 92 to someone in Salt Lake. This car looks spotless but is "offered" at $30,000. Would probably be worth it at $20,000.

OK Norm, I will get all the ID stuff to you and Steve.

Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: DeVaux's found!

Ha ha Gary .. thanks

Assume that's it at http://countryclassiccars.com/1931-devaux-4dr/search/vehicle-details/?vin=LNP22A57S9WAXV54S#prettyPhoto with all the floating coil, orig hoses and stuff going all over the place, grin.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Yes Norm, the engine compartment looks to "busy" You noticed the hanging coil also. That DeVaux is from Wisconsin so I think we are seeing some heater hoses.
I DO NOT like the paint job but maybe I am the only one. Today I have been daydreaming and trying to figure the cost to repaint the fenders and splash aprons. Trouble is I would have to match the body color to the aprons. A side note to the body paint color is that my old 31 was the same color.
I called Howard Reinke Sunday evening and we talked about this car. 31 Chev front bumper is the same and would be a cheaper fix. Would probably have to replate the back

The other lost car is for sale at D.T. Auto Brokers, just out of Salt Lake. (801) 639-0939. A beautiful car. I know that cars history from new.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Was beginning to think it might be a moonshine still with all the hoses and that plastic jug was the retainer of the shine

Well some of the info might be right on their site about the D.T. Auto Brokers De Vaux. Engine is a 40A but they list the info as a 32A 6 cyl. One place its a 1931 675 and another its a 1932.

http://dtautobrokers.com/car-listing/1932-devaux-continental/

Mileage: 52220
Year: 1931
Fuel type: Gas
Body: 4 Door
Motor: Continental 32-A L-head 6 cyl.

Casting says Mar 25 1931 and below that is 40AA5?? so how can it be a 32A used in 618, 633 Durant and 685 Fronty ? Guess it was orig black body and fenders.
VIN must be close to M-2317 going by engine serial shown as 40A-1-2381 in our listing.
Yes, well overpriced, orphan car.

Never trust a car dealer with info when buying a car, grin.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club