Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What car projects are you working on this Summer.

Hey everybody, with Spring here and going and Summer starting, what projects have you been working on on your cars. For me it's getting the rear end off to the blaster for refinishing, sending off my manifold to JetHot for coating and working on my engine. Besides little projects. Just finished the oil filtrator for my 15L engine and will probably work on removing the Generator/Distributor for restoration and refurbishing. Also sending off my radiator emblem for restoration.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: What car projects are you working on this Summer.

Who do you have restore your emblems?
Thanks,
Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

On our recently completed club tour, my Star needed to be primed to start but ran fine. So I've got to chase that down and tighten up the noisy valves as well.

However, my biggest project is finishing the restoration of my 1904 curved dash Oldsmobile. The restorer doing the machine work and the cabinet maker working on the body are promising it by the 4th of July (after three years). My role is to find parts and keep them moving forward. Then there will be the shakedown cruise which always takes longer than one would think.

Finally, I plan to lobby the California DMV to let me license it with it's original number: 166 which was given it with the first licenses in 1905. That will probably be the most difficult task. When I titled it, the DMV had a real problem with 1905. They kept switching to 2005. Then they wanted to know how many doors it had. None: which raised safety issues. I discreetly failed to mention that it didn't have a steering wheel either.

Where Are You From? North of SF

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Morning Dave;
Several people have recommended this lady, including Restoration Supply people. I've spoken to her on the phone recently

Karla Maxwell
1130 Cypress Drive
Vista, California 92084

760-941-1966
www.maswellenamels.com

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Good source Mike, Thanks.
I think I'll send her one too.

Replace the s with an x and you'll go eight to her website.

www.maxwellenamels.com

The Durant Motors Automobile Club