Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Split Rims (narrow)

I am in the very early stages of rebuilding a 1928 M2 Durant Sedan that belonged to my wife's grandfather.

I seem to be having trouble with the split rims (which are not in good shape). I talking about the outer rim that attach to the tire and tube, not the inner rime that has attaches to the wooden spokes.

Most cars of this era seem to have a split rim with a 2.75 inch inner diameter (S2?). This is too big for my Durant and the rims I have, have an inner profile of 2.40 inches. I'm not sure if this means it is an "S4" type rim.

Do other Durant models have this narrower rim? If so, can anyone recommend a place for reproductions?

The only company I can find on the internet is in New Zealand and I have not contacted them directly yet. I am hoping there is someone a little more local.

Anyway, thank you for listening to me and if you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Kindest regards,

Neil Martin
905-649-6265

Where Are You From? Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2 Sedan

Re: Split Rims (narrow)

Sorry, my e-mail address was off slightly.
It is
durant1928@rogers.com (I used a comma instead of a period in the original submission)

Where Are You From? Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club