Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engine plate

Hello members, I'm looking for a replica engine block plate for the CA Star series. Does anyone know if there are replicas being made? Spring is here on 20 Mar 2015. Thank you for any help.

Where Are You From? Kokomo, IN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star (speedster)

Re: Engine plate

Contact Frank Witkowski He may have what you need

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 deluxe coupe- model 6-14 -Durant

Ken, Thank you very much for the info. Dennis

Frank has repo VIN plates but don't think anyone makes the W5 engine plates.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

There has been a couple of them offered on Ebay recently, reproductions, about a week or two ago. Didn't examine them to see how close or good they are but first glance they looked good.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Ah yes Mike I forgot that lad in Washington State. Nostalgic Reflections, of Veradale, Washington See eBay 111393815408 to get his handle and info on contacting him. In the $200 range.

We had a few mails awhile back on these things and he wanted me to remove the vin plate from the 32 floor and mail it to him to repo. Not happening and never see it again, I think not. Jack has no vin plate only ownership paper with vin and mine has the readable plate. Sent him photos of mine instead. Frank doesn't have any Dominion repo plates with so few vehicles left. At that Durant and Frontenac plates are not the same info with Frontenac being all Canadian, so no reference to Made for Durant Motors.

looks like the guy doing the plates is about 8 miles from my place. on e-bay he has the star car Michigan plate. Durant 14L engine and model plate. rugby model and number plate. Durant a-22 California plate. then 1 with just rugby on it. from looking at them on his e-bay store they look pretty good. would like to look at his work in person if ever get the time off when other people are at work instead of me.

Where Are You From? spokane valley wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 model m touring

Check them out and let us know what you think. ID Plates can be obtained from Frank W. for the firewall. Good quality and looks great at much less cost.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hello members, Can anyone email me a picture of the 1926 Star CA engine block plate? I have a spare (disassembled) Star engine with the plate number of 308211 and I'm trying to find out if this is the original engine for my 1926 Star (speedster) which was originally a touring car. Thanks

Not sure we can tell you based on other F's registered in the new registry. That CA you talk of is Oakland plant ?

Well well what did I find in Terry's old Registry in DMAC under Oakland cars. Same engine serial for a sedan. That is owned by a Glenn B in Goleta, Ca. Because of vin its a 1926 model year car made after Aug 1 1925. Oakland cars 282632 to 325000 (Aug 1 to Dec 31 1925) One of the things Steve L and I have been working on in the new Registry of vehicles world wide 1921 - 1934 connected to Billy and offshoots.

1925 F 4 door sedan C-282158 W5-308211

Next F down in new Registry is a 4 door sedan a few numbers higher also Oakland owned by Dennis Nutter. Hum I wonder if its not the same car as fourth number is different only.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club