Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free W5 Engine

Free W5 engine #545142 and manifold but no Gen. or starter. Wakeman, Ohio. near intersection of Rt. 60 and Rt. 20. Call 440-839-5595. Fritz Kuenzel.

Where Are You From? 40 miles west of Cleveland

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2 Durant

Re: Free W5 Engine

Thanks for posting this Fritz, hopefully one of the club members will be able to rescue that old iron.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Hi Fritz,

I am re-building a 28 M2 right now and was wondering if the W5 motor is still available? I haven't started diagnosing my engine yet but since the car has 72,000 miles on the odometer and has not run since 1954 (approx)it could be really valuable to me.

I would gladly like to get it this summer.

I live just outside Toronto so it is only about a 5 hour drive.

Please let me know,
Kindest regards,
Neil Martin
905-649-6265
neil_martin@rogers.com
Facebook "TwentyEight Durant"

Where Are You From? Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2 Sedan

Neil .. A closer place for a W5 engine might be Roblins near Picton.

http://www.roblins.net/157.html

Inventory still shows the cowl forward of a 29 Durant (they put 27 which its not) It and a Gray Dort same section was brought in from a saw mill. Gray Dort was picked up once I posted that to their site years back but no takers when I posted the Durant to DMAC. Should be axle, springs, half frame, rad, engine, cowl.

http://www.roblins.net/1913/3752.html?action=search&q=Durant&searchin=_Ea_Make&cc=0.7074168769895706

It might not be there still as site says crushing cars 2011 - 12 but I understand they changed their mind. The Ebay part still seems to work so ?

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

If you end up combining the two and have a shift and pulley still left over let me know. I need new ones eventually for my we.

Where Are You From? Langley BC

The Durant Motors Automobile Club