Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
29 Durant 66 sedan sold on eBay

This 29 Durant 66 sold recently on eBay. Thought some club members might be interested in hearing about it. Does anyone know if a club member bought it?

eBay number: 221672470854 (the pictures are still up to look at)

Seller Notes:

“This is an original 1929 Durant that came straight out of a barn. Still has the barn dust and dirt on and in it. It is in need of restoring but what a great car it can be. The Instruction Manual for Model "66" was issued in June, 1929. The right doors do not close properly and need to be adjusted. This car is all there, all original right down to the hand crank. This was an Oregon car that was purchased in July, 1939 by Dr Geraldine Price of Estacade, Oregon.”

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 15L22873

Interior Color: Beige

Number of Cylinders: 6 cylinders

Model: Model 66

Body Type: 4 door sedan

Vehicle Title: Clear

Mileage: 96,115

Exterior Color: Green

For Sale By: Private Seller

Questions and answers about this item

Q: how about the title?
A: I have an Oregon Title that is clean.

Where Are You From? Auburn/Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: 29 Durant 66 sedan sold on eBay

A little more info on the Durant. Since it has been sitting so long, it is probably not listed in our registry, but the serial number is listed. The seller's phone number is listed and he may be interested in telling who the new owner is so it could be added to our registry.

"The body is straight, no major dents or dings. There is no rust that I have found. The wood spoked wheels appear to be straight and true. This car was stored in an Oregon barn for over 50 years. It was last registered in Oregon in 1961 at a cost of $5.00 a year. The metal placard shows that the "66" Durant was built in Oakland, California as car #5679. The mileage is unknown but the odometer shows 96,115.

The Durant does not run and it has a hole in the roof from a leaky barn roof. The right doors do not close properly. Take a look at the pictures and if you would like more pictures let me know and I will get them to you.

I will assist in shipping by helping to load a trailer or assisting a commercial hauler. Call me if you would like to come see this piece of history."

Mike 541. 280-0588

Where Are You From? Auburn/Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: 29 Durant 66 sedan sold on eBay

Yes Bob, it was on eBay Sept 29 orig and is a 1930 model year 66 C-5679 and 15L engine number then was 21287. Seems we may have to alter the Registry to another engine number We went after the info back then.

He says, on eBay, last registered 1961 but ownership says March 31 1975. Someone in its past painted it that colour with over spray in the engine compartment, added the electric fuel pump then it got put in a barn or shed later to sit. Can't recall what he told us about the cars movements.

Still awaiting your 4 cars info for the Registry, grin.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club