Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
torqueing chart

Hi fellow members.Iam rebuilding 2 continental 6 cilider L engines an I would need the torque chart for the whole engine as soon as possible please.

Where Are You From? Quebec Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant star 6 sedan 1927 R

Re: torqueing chart

Did you ever find the info you needed?

Where Are You From? West Des Moines, IA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 31 Durant 619

I have a 1927 14 L six cylinder but putting in a 1929 15L six cylinder and I am also looking for torque specs. If you have come across them that would be great. Thank you

Where Are You From? Iron Mountain, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Durant Star Six R

Gerry, I added a Torque Sequence chart for the 14L and 15L engines to the Technical Section page under Manuals & Other Technical Documentation. I used this chart on my own 14L.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Wayne
Are you still located in the Des Moines area ? If so I have a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr. I am trying to get up and going and am in dire help for information as engine specs etc. for that model seems to be next to impossible to locate. If you could give me any help or direct me to someone that could it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Ames and my phone number is ( 515 ) 233-2076 and my Email address is as follows: stillamcruisin@hotmail.com
Thank you.
Roger Toppenberg

Where Are You From? Ames, IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr.

Wayne
I forgot to add I am retired and generally am always up until mid night.
Thanks again.
Roger

Where Are You From? Ames, IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr.

Roger ... caught your posting under wanted section, on Flint F-234 formerly owned by Herman. I am having the Registry updated to show you are now the owner. What I do not have is the engine serial which will start 9L - xxxx , if you would be so kind.

The Flint plant VIN's start at F- 101 to F-1911 to July 31 1926 on the Z-18. The 1927 model year are F-1912 to F-1914 Aug 1 1926 to Aug 28 1928 the plants closing. Flint moved to Elizabeth plant and are E-1915 to E-2218 Aug 29 1926 to model end.

Terje Bratveit in Norway is the Flint advisor flint-norge@durantmotors.org or directly when I email him on vi.ter@online.no

He should be able to help you on the Flint.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club