Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1926 Star Vacumn chamber

Hi,

I have a 1926 star with a glass chamber mounted on the firewall which is connected to the intake. The problem is the glass was dropped and is broken. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks,

Roy

Where Are You From? Oregon

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: 1926 Star Vacumn chamber

Roy, are you describing a glass fuel filter? It's probably something that someone has added in the past. Can you send a pic or two??

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Hey Don;
I was thinking the same thing. My Model 65 had a fuel filter, a glass unit with a ceramic filter mounted to the bottom of the Vacuum tank. It was factory and shown on the sales brochures. I think it is also a Stewart item.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hi Roy....

If you have some measurements, it should not be too difficult to find a sediment bulb glass to match your broken one.

These where used on many fuel pumps as well as farm & industrial machinery.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

Roy, I realize that your post is 7mos. old but have you had any luck on finding a bowl. I have (3) tanks and one of them has a bowl attached. I cleaned is up before I stored the tanks. If you would like I can try to dig them out and task a few pictures/measurements. I think it's a Stewart model. If I remember right it needs a new rubber gasket which is easier to find that a bowl. Dennis

Where Are You From? Kokomo, IN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star (speedster)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club