Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant's Locomobile

I case you didn't see it. Cliff Durant(Billy's son) Locomobile is on ebay right now in the "other makes" section. Bidding starts at $300,000.00 The perfect top car in any true Durant enthusiast's collection. Frank? Don?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: Durant's Locomobile

Don has left the building,,,,,,, matter of fact, that scared him so bad,,,, he left the county.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

I bet Billy had one too, I wonder what ever happened to his? After all that's one of the perks of owning the company.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Durant\'s Locomobile

Mike .. you should purchase it for the museum.

Scary and wonder what the reserve is when starting at lowly $300,000.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Re: Durant\\\'s Locomobile

Norm & Don
With all your money stashed in the mattress, you can buy this car now, they've reduced the price to $175,000.00. what a deal! If you hurry you can buy it and bring it to North Carolina and it's big enough for the whole club to ride in it.

Re: Durant\\\\\\'s Locomobile

They are getting there ... keep dropping the zeros and cent mark over. Even Cliff couldn't afford it. Wonder if they left the original hidden reserve the same.
Orphan car is an orphan car and as we know don't command big prices. With declining interest in old cars they better hurry up before its not worth anything.

You could buy it and use it to trailer the 65 around with. Toss any spare parts you might need for the 65 in the back seat. Heck if you can remodel the back end you might even get the 65 in the back.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Whoever is responsible for selling this car is very unprofessional and uncooperative. I have sent two messages to them about getting details for the Club and the Registry on this significant piece of Durant history, and have not received a reply of any kind, no acknowledgement thanking me for our Clubs interest in this car or even that they received the messages. Too bad the owner wishes to remain anonymous or I'm sure that they would by pleased to pass along the history as they know it to us. Maybe Frank could get involved before it's too late and we let some more Durant history pass through our fingers.

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canda

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1933 Frontenac C-400

Hi Steve;
It's sad but we see it every time on the Barrett Jackson type auctions. Owners who buy cars for ridiculous amounts of money more for the bragging rights of what they paid for the car, than caring about the car and it's history. They trade cars like stock certificates in their portfolios and never turn a wrench on the car or even sometimes know how things work. Maybe the new owner if it ever sells will be more cooperative.

Hi All.....

I was able to get some information from the seller.

I sent the serial number and data plate info on to Steve. The Only provenance, is a bill of sale from a previous owner saying it was owned by Cliff Durant. No solid documentation.

I've got 20 or so vehicles that where once owned by Billy Durant!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

The Durant Motors Automobile Club