Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Star bumper guard/emblem???

I recently acquired what appears to be a cast steel bumper guard/emblem. It is roughly 4 inches wide by 10 inches tall by 1/2 inch thick and has five holes in the top (one is a 5-point star-shaped hole that is about 1-1/2 inches tall). It also has three bolt holes in the bottom for mounting. My guess is that it was from a Star automobile. If anyone has any information on such a piece, I would be glad to send you a photo for identification purposes. Please call or text me at (208) 301-8436 or reply to this website and I can send you a photo of the piece via a return text or email.
Thanks,
Dave

Where Are You From? Troy, Idaho

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star 4-door sedan

Re: Star bumper guard/emblem???

Hey Dave, either post a picture or send me one, someone will be able to let you know what you have.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Yes post pic on Forum or we can for you. Noted in one of your other postings the car is for display only.

No doubt Steve Large will be sending you an email (I've sent him a heads up) asking for the info on your car, to add to the Registry of existing vehicles 1921 - 1934.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Here's David's Star Emblem Picture:

EdAbbey1 photo edabbey1.jpg

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hi All....

Interesting piece. I don't think this is from one of our Star cars.

To me it seems like a step from a horse drawn buggy?

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

Yes Frank, that's what it is. Scanned Google for step plates and picked these two. Note the first one has same shape where it attaches to the buggy. There were quite a lot of cast iron step plates with same bolting shape. Second one just because of the Star design.

Ebay 151310891135 has the other style for lower step and again a Star design.

photo 613306420_tp.jpg

photo 140.jpg

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Thanks everyone. It seems my puzzle has been solved.
Dave

Where Are You From? Troy, Idaho

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star 4-door sedan

Have sent you an e-mail David requesting your vehicle details, I have attached a copy of The Durant Registry Information Request Form. Please fill it out and froward me a finished copy. Thank You

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1933 Frontenac C-400 Dominion Motors of Canada

The Durant Motors Automobile Club