Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
road trip

Hello everyone,
Starting a trip tomorrow in my 1926 Durant Woody Star Huckster.Leaving Daytona Beach, Florida to Middletown, New Jersey. Awhile back an axle snaped and had to be welded. So I am a little nervous about that. Is there anyone out there that has a rear or just an axle they would be willing to part with?I will be using A1A,95, 301, etc. to the Chesapeak Bay Bridge and Tunnel then to the Lewes Ferry to the Garden State Parkway.Exit 114 for those who know. To be able to find these parts.Mmy number is 386-871-5223.My email is bruceindaytona@yahoo.com for any interesting side trips along the way such as a ferry I heard about in NC.hope the weather is good.

packed and ready for tomorrow morning. Bruce

Where Are You From? Daytona Beach, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Durant Woody Star, Huckster

Re: road trip

Hello Bruce!

According to my Hollander interchange book your axle is the same as:

Durant '27-29 6-55, 60, 65, 63, 70, 66, 4 Cyl. M, M2, M4, 40.
Flint '25-29 Jr.6 Z18
Rugby '27-29 Fast Mail
Star '23-27 4 & 6 Cyl.

If your welder drilled and pinned your axle shaft prior to welding you should have no problems. I have drilled and tapped and used a stud shaft to join the two pieces. This is a better way to handle the "Torsional Spring" that occurs.

Good luck and post some photos of your trip!

Bill

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: road trip

Hey Bruce, long time no see. Have you done the cruise in in New Smyrna lately? Sounds like a good trip, been across the Bay Bridge Tunnel many times and went to High School in Lewes, Delaware and rode that ferry across the Delaware Bay several times. My old stomping grounds. Share some pictures with us.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club