Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frame back from the blaster, ready to start re-assembly

Wow, I'm excited! Picked up my frame from the blaster last week, she's blasted primed and painted. She looks like she just came out of the factory, still can see the factory part number on it. I used Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black on it and it looks great. I like this paint because not only is it durable, but you can get it in matching spray cans so you can spray the smaller parts. Now I can start re-assembly of all those small parts. Front end is all painted and assembled, only need to finish the front break pads, springs all painted and re-assemble, all those brake rods have been blasted and painted and I ordered a bunch of new clevis pins and cotter pins. Looking for a place to nickel my alemite grease fittings. The new ones I can find out on the Internet are different and do not have the 1919 patent date on it. Gas tank is done along with the reconditioned sending unit, and the new "D" gas cap. Only need to install it now. I've still got the rear end and rear springs to get done, but I'll take the springs down this week to have him blast them and the rear end down last. And of course the 4 wheels are done. As soon as I get the rear end and the rear springs done, the body goes down for prep work, while I work on the engine. I wanted to have it done by the National Meet, but it ain't gonna happen, so who knows, but I'm plugging along.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Frame back from the blaster, ready to start re-assembly

Mike,

I thought I read in the club by-laws that you had to post photos of completed parts for us to drool over! I'm new here, and could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that somewhere.......

Bill

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? Too Many

Hey Bill
Give me till the end of the weekend and I'll shoot some photo's. Was out there working on the front springs this morning, but it got just to darn hot and humid down her in sunny Florida. 90 degrees with 95% humidity.

Hi Mike,

Keep pluggin' and before you know it you'll have it finished. Great to see
cars being restored by the owners as much as possible. Looking forward to seeing you in Salisbury....

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint E55 Sedan

Alright, I have some pictures of my frame and front springs done. Messy garage, but good looking frame.

1928 Durant Model 65 frame photo IMG_0217.jpg

1928 Durant Model 65 front springs photo IMG_0219.jpg

Beautiful job. sure is nice working on them after everything is clean and repaired.

Where Are You From? Wisconsin

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star coupster

That looks really good Mike! Keep pluggin' just as Yates said.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star Model F Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club