Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor

Does anyone have a spec sheet, diagram or anything else which can aid in the correct assembly of my Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor? It was taken apart by someone and I can't remember how it goes back together. I know there has to be some literature on this thing somewhere.... but I can't find it.

Failing that, here is the real question. ON the bottom there is a plug and a needle valve. Both are the same thread count and size. What I don't remember is which goes in which hole. I put it back together as I thought it should be and the blasted little thing leans way out (like a vacuum leak) at 25mph. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lew

Where Are You From? Baltimore, MD

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, A22 Touring

Re: Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor

Hi Lewis....

I have a copy of the specs and diagram for a Tillotson L-1_B carb for the Durant A-22.

I can scan and email to you if that might help....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

Re: Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor

Hi Lewis.....

I scanned and sent the diagram to your email.

If anyone else would like a copy, just send me an email and I will reply with it attached....

Hope this helps......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

The Durant Motors Automobile Club