​​​​​​​

Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures 

General Discussion Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor

Does anyone have a spec sheet, diagram or anything else which can aid in the correct assembly of my Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor? It was taken apart by someone and I can't remember how it goes back together. I know there has to be some literature on this thing somewhere.... but I can't find it.

Failing that, here is the real question. ON the bottom there is a plug and a needle valve. Both are the same thread count and size. What I don't remember is which goes in which hole. I put it back together as I thought it should be and the blasted little thing leans way out (like a vacuum leak) at 25mph. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lew

Where Are You From? Baltimore, MD

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, A22 Touring

Re: Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor

Hi Lewis....

I have a copy of the specs and diagram for a Tillotson L-1_B carb for the Durant A-22.

I can scan and email to you if that might help....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

Re: Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor

Hi Lewis.....

I scanned and sent the diagram to your email.

If anyone else would like a copy, just send me an email and I will reply with it attached....

Hope this helps......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

The Durant Motors Automobile Club