Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cherry Parade w/ one Durant and one Star

Saturday Dennis Murphy and I drove our cars in the San Leandro Cherry Parade.
We were invited by the Durant Task Force a community organization of people that live on Durant street alongside the Oakland Durant factory. The Durant water tower is their logo.

Afterwards we drove our cars back to the factory for the first time in 85 years for my Durant and 89 years for Dennis's Star.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Roadster

Re: Cherry Parade w/ one Durant and one Star

Here is a short Video made by the Durant Task Force of the parade.

Rick

Hey Rick;
Looked like a great day and a great chance to show off the Durand and Star! The car's looking good!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Great pictures Rick but you have taken MY parking spot at the main entrance of the old Durant factory.... You guys must have had fun, we sure did when we had the national event there.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, several

Rick.
Thanks so so much for that great picture in front of the main entrance to the old restored Oakland Durant factory to the administration building where we had a great fun "Return to the Factory" natl meet there. Still have chills from driving my 29 Durant model 6-66 onto that property where my car was built and those roaring 20's gals you had show up and great us. Was a blast. And yes Bill your beautiful A-22 maroon touring car was our centerfold car there. Rick you need to put that picture on the front page of our Durant club web site and Durant's name shows very well in your great picture. Sure proud of the new Durant Factory owners for being so caring on restoring our huge great Oakland Durant factory. When I talked to the company president he assured us that the history of Durant including the big high water tower and his name would always stay on everything. Course I also ask for a little left over museum space for our Durant club museum fund I had just started with some donated money after giving him some of my rare collectibles as a gift for them to use. But I found out they rented every square inch of the floors of the old factory. Nuts. Is there restored model 60 29 Durant car still on display inside the entrance to the main factory Rick?
Faithfully
Lance Haynes
San Diego,

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

This sure is a great venue!! Thanks for the beautiful pictures… hope to publish this so all the members who are not online can share!
~C

Where Are You From? S. VT

Do You own a car built by Durant? many :)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club