Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old guy

The other day a friend gave me a stack of "CARS & PARTS" mags from 1971 to 1975 and look at February 1971 volume 14 no. 5 under Clubs and activities I found a listing for Durant, Star, Flint, Frontenac, Rugby. Join the fast growing owners club. Dues $5.00 yearly for roster of owners, parts sources, newsletters, etc. Contact: GARY KAUFFMAN, 7614 Langdon St. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111. nice job

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

Re: Old guy

Hey Don, that fossil is still around, as a matter of fact spoke to him Friday night. In the Durant Motors Automobile Club genealogy, he is the father of the tree I guess you'd say. Started the whole thing with a trip to Hershey with a sign saying something like "what the !@#$ is a Durant"! The original club newsletter was mimeographed. If you remember what a mimeograph is then your old.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I have a nice looking, hand crank mimeograph that I've been saving. We could use it in the DMAC Museum one day. All we need is a mannequin of Unkel Gary, in a diorama, cranking out the first Durant newsletter !!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Hi All....

I think Gary's original news letter was done on a "Ditto" machine. Remember the old blue lettering that smelled so good! Ah the good old 60's !!

The covers where recycled manila file folders. Remember Gary was a teacher, so he used what was available.

I still have some of my original publications......

See Y'all in NC.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

I have all the newsletters, magazines from the various Durant clubs back to 1973 when I first joined. And yes, lots of the old blue duplicating machine paper. The file is about 3 1/2 feet long right now. I refer to them lots. I have a bit of an index so that if I need some advice on some repair, I can quickly go right to it rather than look through 40 years of the original publications. Lots of interesting stuff.

Where Are You From? Lundbreck, Ab. Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3 Durants and a Star

HELLO FELLOW DURANTONIANS.....

SPEAK POLITELY....THAT OLD GUY HAS EARS AND EYES.....

THANX FOR THE MEMORIES....

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star trg

The Durant Motors Automobile Club