​​​​​​​

Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures 

General Discussion Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Old guy

The other day a friend gave me a stack of "CARS & PARTS" mags from 1971 to 1975 and look at February 1971 volume 14 no. 5 under Clubs and activities I found a listing for Durant, Star, Flint, Frontenac, Rugby. Join the fast growing owners club. Dues $5.00 yearly for roster of owners, parts sources, newsletters, etc. Contact: GARY KAUFFMAN, 7614 Langdon St. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111. nice job

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

Re: Old guy

Hey Don, that fossil is still around, as a matter of fact spoke to him Friday night. In the Durant Motors Automobile Club genealogy, he is the father of the tree I guess you'd say. Started the whole thing with a trip to Hershey with a sign saying something like "what the !@#$ is a Durant"! The original club newsletter was mimeographed. If you remember what a mimeograph is then your old.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I have a nice looking, hand crank mimeograph that I've been saving. We could use it in the DMAC Museum one day. All we need is a mannequin of Unkel Gary, in a diorama, cranking out the first Durant newsletter !!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Hi All....

I think Gary's original news letter was done on a "Ditto" machine. Remember the old blue lettering that smelled so good! Ah the good old 60's !!

The covers where recycled manila file folders. Remember Gary was a teacher, so he used what was available.

I still have some of my original publications......

See Y'all in NC.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

I have all the newsletters, magazines from the various Durant clubs back to 1973 when I first joined. And yes, lots of the old blue duplicating machine paper. The file is about 3 1/2 feet long right now. I refer to them lots. I have a bit of an index so that if I need some advice on some repair, I can quickly go right to it rather than look through 40 years of the original publications. Lots of interesting stuff.

Where Are You From? Lundbreck, Ab. Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3 Durants and a Star

HELLO FELLOW DURANTONIANS.....

SPEAK POLITELY....THAT OLD GUY HAS EARS AND EYES.....

THANX FOR THE MEMORIES....

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star trg

The Durant Motors Automobile Club