Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A22 Dash Bulb

I got a #64 bulb based on the information on the technical page, but the it is about 1/4" too tall to get the little 'helmet' back on. Can some tell me what kind of shorter bulb I really need?

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Re: A22 Dash Bulb

Hello Todd I have a # 63 bulb in the dash... Is the #64 seated completely, does the lever light it up?

I have been doing the same as you... little things; trying to get the speedo to work, re-wired the ignition switch. The switch is pretty nice as you can wire it a lot of different ways. ex; headlights off when switch off, (you can only have the cowl lights (Parking??) or the taillight on!

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3- A-22, B-22, 633

Hello Bob. Yes, the bulb is seated completely, but there just isn't clearance for the cap to go on. It's like my base either needs to be 1/4" shorter or the bulb 'pancaked'. I would post pictures here to show the problem if I knew how. Maybe I have an incorrect assembly?

There's always plenty of 'little stuff' to do it seems. I guess I didn't think of the variety of ways to connect the switch as I haven't progressed into yet. That leaves some interesting possibilities!

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

As a follow up to my bulb dilemma, I thought I'd share what I ended up doing. I bought a 30-pack of 3v LEDS w/resistors on Amazon. I removed the glass from an old two-contact bulb and cut down the brass base by about 3/16 an inch. Then I took one resistor and connected it to two 3v LEDs in series. I soldered the assembly into the base, and voila: a 6v led instrument lamp assembly. Other than the light being a little bluer than I'd like, it sure works a treat.

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kansas

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club