​​​​​​​

Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures 

General Discussion Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A22 Dash Bulb

I got a #64 bulb based on the information on the technical page, but the it is about 1/4" too tall to get the little 'helmet' back on. Can some tell me what kind of shorter bulb I really need?

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Re: A22 Dash Bulb

Hello Todd I have a # 63 bulb in the dash... Is the #64 seated completely, does the lever light it up?

I have been doing the same as you... little things; trying to get the speedo to work, re-wired the ignition switch. The switch is pretty nice as you can wire it a lot of different ways. ex; headlights off when switch off, (you can only have the cowl lights (Parking??) or the taillight on!

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3- A-22, B-22, 633

Hello Bob. Yes, the bulb is seated completely, but there just isn't clearance for the cap to go on. It's like my base either needs to be 1/4" shorter or the bulb 'pancaked'. I would post pictures here to show the problem if I knew how. Maybe I have an incorrect assembly?

There's always plenty of 'little stuff' to do it seems. I guess I didn't think of the variety of ways to connect the switch as I haven't progressed into yet. That leaves some interesting possibilities!

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

As a follow up to my bulb dilemma, I thought I'd share what I ended up doing. I bought a 30-pack of 3v LEDS w/resistors on Amazon. I removed the glass from an old two-contact bulb and cut down the brass base by about 3/16 an inch. Then I took one resistor and connected it to two 3v LEDs in series. I soldered the assembly into the base, and voila: a 6v led instrument lamp assembly. Other than the light being a little bluer than I'd like, it sure works a treat.

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kansas

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club