Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Connecticut Ignition/Light Switch Diagram

Does anyone have a diagram of the terminals on the back of the ignition/light switch mechanism the A22s like mine used? Or could someone with a similar unit kindly look at how there's is numbered and tell me? Mine had been bypassed, and I'm trying to put it back to original. Your assistance is appreciated.
-Todd

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Re: Connecticut Ignition/Light Switch Diagram

Hi Todd,

Have you looked at the A-22 electrical wiring diagram in our technical page...The diagram shows the early coil with integral condenser, disreguard that portion if you have a modern coil and external condenser.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

I should have thought to check there first. Thanks Bill!

I am having a bear of a time trying to figure out my switch assembly wiring. I have consulted the tech page diagram and am still having no luck. Electrical always gets me to my wit's end. Can a fellow A-22 owner tell me how the back of their switch is wired, provide a picture, or a numerical explanation? The connections on the back of the switch are numbered, but I have been unable to find a key to explain the numbering. I also have pictures of my switch I could post here, but do not know how. I appreciate any assistance that can be provided. Thank you!
-Todd

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

I should had here too: the diagram from the tech sections shows a negative ground system with one wire to each headlight. I have a positive ground system with two wires/bulbs per headlight.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Hi Todd.....

I think all the Durant products where negative ground. At least all mine are.

Do your headlights have 2 filaments? (high and low beam)

My A-22 dash is apart so I can't help with the wire locations. I had a new wire harness made, but it confirms to the published diagrams.

Did you check with Gord or Will Curl or Bill Hoglan? They have A-22's also.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting !

Tod, I had a similar problem with mine. Mail me your mailing
address and I will send you a copy of the diagram of the switch
plate wiring.
Ken brink
My home address is 887 Hendrick Rd, Muskegon, MI 49441

tod

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Frank- I'm not sure why my car is set up to be positive ground, but I'm going to change it over to negative ground soon. I have two bulbs, each single filament, in each of my headlights.

Ken- I mailed a self addressed stamped envelope to you today. I appreciate you sendingme a copy of your diagram.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club