Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Rusty Gold in Oklahoma

Here's another ancient car graveyard uncovered in Enid, OK and will be orchestrated by the Van Der Brink auctions on July 7. A bone yard in operation from About 1945 to 1953. Mostly rust and dreams but may be a good outing.

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=155&allimages=NO

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Re: More Rusty Gold in Oklahoma

Sure seems a pile of cars from teens up .. Note they put RARE on a few cars but the 1931 De Vaux wasn't one of them ha ha.
This is same auction mentioned on Forum before where the rear door is off the De Vaux but seems to be leaning beside the car on the pile of stuff there. Frank commented the De Vaux pic he saw was a different one. Lots of shots of the De Vaux before they moved it ?

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hi All:
Yes, I am aware of the DeVaux. It was shown in two different places in the pictures of the auction. Yevette told me on the phone that there is only one car and they brought it inside for that one picture. The door is there as they put it next to the car. It had been outside for many years. I asked her for ID on the car and she could only come up with a body tag number. It would be a 31 4 dr. Sport. (I can see that much by the picture.) Hayes body tag number is 150-1551.

Oh, Don..How far is Enid from you? DeVaux owners from Michigan were wondering who would be close.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thanks Gary ...one more Hayes tag plate in this mystery. Will pass that to Steve.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Gary, I'm 385 miles close.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

I've been to Enid many times and am only about 300 miles away. I wish I didn't have other plans so I could attend. I'm on their mailing list, so I've been watching this sale a while. Their's a lot of interesting stuff around Enid.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geronimo_Motor_Company

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

The Durant Motors Automobile Club