Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1933 Continental Ace on Ebay Motors

Hey everyone, there's a 1933 Continental Ace on Ebay Motors for sale at this time. Nice looking car!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Re: 1933 Continental Ace on Ebay Motors

Mike: This is the second time around for this car on Ebay, first time reserve not met as I'm sure will be the case this time around. I have seen this car at various stages of restoration and also it has been advertised several times before by different auto dealerships and I have seen it priced as high as $30,000 at one time. I actually contacted one of these dealerships and asked for the details and they were kind enough to reply with all the info I requested, and now this car is listed on my registry. It has turned out to be a very nice looking car after restoration, but I have a feeling they want way too much for it again.

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1933 Frontenac C400

I believe this is the car that was for sale at one time in Plesenton, California. They wanted 39K for it.
These pictures on E-bay are a good way to see the difference between this car and the 32 DeVaux. on this car the front doors are hung on on the middle piller. 32 DeVaux is hung on the front.
I always thought the 33 Continental Ace was a Custom only with the spares on the front fenders.? Also, I was told by Darrel Jordon that the grill assembly on the Continental should be painted over except the leading edge. The DeVaux was done this way.
The 32 DeVaux had a 40-A engine with the "Hall" identification taken off. This car should have the 32-A engine. Note that the oil filter canister is missing. Are the headlights proper?

Bob, what do you think?
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Yes Gary that's the same one, like I said it's been kicking around a few years now. Rick had a photo's of it back in Feb. 2012 on this Forum.

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1933 Frontenac C400

I think this Ace is a very interesting car. It would seem it's on the verge of needing another restoration or could be a nice driver.. The leather interior I question and the car does show wear.

The motor is the same 40A as used in the DeVaux (note six port intake manifold). The 32A is just a 22A with a bigger bore (three port intake).

Nice all steel Hayes body, The hood doors are different than those on the 633 as they seem to pivot in the center. The 633 (Hayes body) has a wood frame.

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3- A-22, B-22, 633

The Chilton book says 41A engine for Ace. Daryl's Frontenac Ace has a 1931 40 block with Hall name ground off.

32A was used at Dominion Motors on 685 Frontenac, 633 Durant, 618 Durant's after the 22A and tail end of the 614's with 22A.

Dons Bulbs 1937 book says
Stabilite CB-1249 for Beacon and Flyer
Stabilite B-1781 For Ace
Stabilite CB-1934 for 41 (1934) Beacon

1933 Frontenac Depress Beam H-12887.

Dominion Motors used Depress Beam 11471 1931 / 32 and 12887 for 1933, but what we did on Frontenac Ace imports I don't know. We added the Fronty name plate to grill but did we change lights to Depress Beam with other Canadianizing of the car ???

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club