Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sending your car's info to club list

DEAR MEMBERS...
I HAVE JUST SPENT PHONE TIME WITH STEVE LARGE....AND HE NEEDS YOUR HELP...ALL OF US !!!!!!

STEVE IS CORRECTING AND UPDATING TERRY KULCHIKI'S LISTA OF CAR OWNERS AND CARS AND SERIAL NUMBERS FOR BOTH CAR VIN NUMBERS AND MOTOR NUMBERS WHEN AVAILABLE.
IT IS A MONUMENTAL TASK ...AND EVEN HARDER WHEN NO ONE IN THE CLUB RESPONDS TO THE REQUEST FOR HELP.

JUST AS MOST MEMBERS DIDN'T RESPOND WHEN I ASKED FOR INFO ABOUT CAR PARTS IDENTIFICATIONS , MOST CLUB MEMBERS ARE LETTING US DOWN AGAIN.
PLEASE CHANGE YOUR DEMEANER....SEND YOUR BASIC INFO TO STEVE LARGE BY PC EMAIL OR POSTAL MAIL......

SEND: NAME ADDRESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU HAVE ONE.

SEND YOUR CAR MAKE,AND MODEL TYPE CODE ( LIKE "F' OR 'C') AND BODY STYLE

SEND YOUR VIN NUMBER SHOWING PLANT DESIGNATION AND SERIAL NUMBER
SUCH AS ....L-2092
IF YOU SEE A MOTOR NUMBER, SEND IT WITH SERIAL NUMBER
AND MOTOR CODE SUCH AS W-4, 14L..OR 22A

SEND IT TO.....STEVELARGE@ROGERS.COM OR HIS ADDRESS FROM ROSTER...

STEVE LARGE
608 RIDGEMOUNT CREST
MISSISSAUGA,
ON L5G 1Z1 CANADA

PLEASE...PLEASE....PLEASE...WE NEED YOUR COOPERATION....THANX, GARY KAUFFMAN

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star trg

Re: sending your car's info to club list

Gary, very good point. I think plans are in the making for including a notice and something in the next Partner magazine too, and in next years renewal notices. This is a very good and worthwhile project and when updated should be able to give us some idea of how many cars are left, what model and type are prevalent and the rarity of some of our models. I for one and I know I speak for many, appreciate the effort Steve is doing on this.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Re: sending your car's info to club list

Gary: Thanks for taking the time to talk with me the other evening about the Club's history and background, it was very informative as well as interesting and for posting this message to fellow club members. I feel the pain you had way back then when it comes to getting the right information on these cars, members are either too busy to take the time to look or they feels it's unimportant information to bother with or their car isn't worthy enough, which is all the wrong thinking. The history of any of your cars is all were going to have one day, making it even more important to get as accurate and as much detail as possible now, and as equally important is knowing that your car fits into a bigger picture currently as mentioned by Mike Linthicum. With to-days new technologies the vast information highway has become a major freeway compared to the dirt road that my predecessors used in their day to gather the details for the Registry, with all the expert help I have had lately from Norm Toone, Frank Witkowski, Bob Smith, Mike Linthicum, Gary Yelle and Gord Curl I'm confident that with their input plus hours and hours of research that Norm and I have conducted will make the new Registry the most comprehensive to date. Also Mike is correct in that there are plans under way to have a New Registry Form produced and that it will be available on line to fill in and a mailed copy to be sent with the Durant Partner for those who prefer that route, so if you can wait for the form it will make my life a lot easier, if not please send as accurate and complete details as possible. Gary thank you for all your support and looking forward to receiving your information.

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1933 Frontenac C 400

The Durant Motors Automobile Club