Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Long Lost Durant Dealership Found !!

Hi All.....

It was a nice day in Pennsylvania today! 70 degrees and bright and sunny. Cathy and I decided to take a ride in her SSR with the top down.

We headed over to Ohio and where just cruising along the back roads. We came upon an old small town, well off the beaten path. The old main street was very interesting. We stopped and decided to walk along the street and just enjoy the surroundings.

Turning the corner we found a beautiful old brick building. It must have been magnificent at one time. Looked like time had forgotten it. It had large windows in the front and garage doors around the side. There was a stone above the main door with a large "D".

When I wiped the dust & dirt away from one of the old windows, some interesting shapes appeared. There in the middle of the floor was a beautiful Model 70 DeLuxe roadster, next to it was a 619 sedan and a then a 614 deluxe touring! WOW what a day this was.

Hope yours was as enjoyable!

See Y'all in Indiana & North Carolina......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting

Re: Long Lost Durant Dealership Found !!

Frank
Is this the small town just across the Ohio river about 25 miles south of me? And if it's the same building I'm thinking of the town starts with a W.

Shame you didn't continued walking about a block further south to the building that looks like an old run down gas station built in front of a steel "air plane hanger" looking building.
I hear it use to house a parts supplier that the owner(Jester or chester... something like that?) closed at the beginning of WW2. Rumor has it the Chester's grandson had to pull the doors open with a chain and tow truck as they hadn't been opened since Chester's son died during that war!

I hear they're waiting for warmer weather to bring everything outside for a sale? I'll keep you updated... Jim G.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flints

Hi Jim...

Yes that is the town. It's the one that the pickers where at a few years ago.

This is going to be a very interesting auction! Don says he will be planning a "road trip" to attend.

At least it will be closer for us than our trip to Green Bay a few years ago.

Better start making some room......

We had planned on stopping at your place to see Cathy's Star but this place distracted us......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting !

I am so happy that April 1st only comes once a year--
Ken

I wasn't going to bring this up because I figure nobody would believe me. But since Frank and Jim broke the ice,,,,,,,,, I came across three cars up in "Y" City, AR.last week, a 57 Ford coupe, a 41 Dodge truck, and a 28 Star 6 roadster. The 57 and the 41 are restorable but the Star has been sitting in a barn since about 1934. The other two were stored in there in the 60's and early 70's. All seem to be complete and the seller wants to sell all or nothing. I've got to find a partner/investor on this one or let somebody else run with it.
You never know what you might find in old barns. Actually, I was up there to look at a 20 quart White Mountain ice cream freezer, but it was too far gone to be worth while.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Don't see this dealership added to the list of dealers on hwy 2 grin

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Don-
That '41 Dodge sounds a bit interesting, depending on how original and how proud of it the owner is....

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

HELLO....AND GUESS WHAT JOY IS TO BE HAD...THOSE CARS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT GENEROUS DISCOUNTED PRICES AT GARY'S USED CAR LOT....HERE IN "POKE A HINNEY" PENNA......HAPPY APRIL ST

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star trg

The Durant Motors Automobile Club