Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: 2014 Annual Meeting Salisbury North Carolina September 24-28

I did manage to find someone to ride with me, so I will be bringing the old car afterall. Ryan will be flying out Thursday morning and joining us when he can.

I had the Durant out last night and put some hours on her, and she is running well. Earlier this summer I redid on the brake bands. I am hoping to have the other rear brake done by the end of next week. She already stops better than she did before, but that doesn't say much.

adam

Where Are You From? St. Paul , MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Adam:

Cyn & I think it's great to hear that all three of you(read as car included)are going to be at the meet in NC.

We will be there minus our durant, because we will be making an extended vacation to NY & Boston after we have all the fun at the National meet.

See everyone on the 24th. - Don & Cyndi

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 6-14 Deluxe Sedan

Hi All.....

Only a couple more weeks before the Annual Meet. I'm finalizing with all the venues so if you are coming and not registered please contact Mike or myself.

This is going to be a fun event all our tours are under a 30 mile one way trip on nice roads so bring that old car!

We have plenty of time built into the daily activities for your personal sightseeing and side trips. The area has a lot to offer.

If you like trains and cars as well as other forms of transportation, then the Spence Shops is a must see on Thursday.

The Saturday banquet is at a highly recommended local winery and craft beer brewery

Thursday night Phil Peters is doing a Tech session on documenting our cars. We also have a private Ghost Walk in down town Salisbury.

On Friday we visit The Memory Lane Museum in Mooresville it has a wide variety of cars and memorabilia as well as NASCAR items. Mooresville has a lot of other interesting shops and museums if you are so inclined.

Of course the hospitality room will be the place to be. Refreshments will be provided. And there is always entertainment!

The Friday night Meeting will be your chance to find out what is going on within the Club.

Looking forward to seeing y'all in Salisbury......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

Hey Frank
Thanks for reminding everyone that there is still time to register for the event. Just drop a check or Money Order in the mail to me and I'll get you signed up. Remember your registration fee covers all admissions and the banquet so it's a deal for everyone. Only a couple of weeks away now.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

did my registration appear yet ?...look under your table....gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star

Gary your registered and I cashed the check very quickly. Didn't want you taking the money out of the bank to buy another car, you know how you are. Right now we have about 48 people give or take a few registered. Since we still have a few weeks yet, might have a few more by then. Looks like a great time in North Carolina!

We have made reservations at the hotel, and a Money order is in the mail.

Gordon & Mary Carolyne

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Limited

Gordon received your check and your all registered. Still have about a week and a half so there is still time to call the hotel, send me your registration and come and join us. After Wednesday, just call the hotel, and email me your coming. I can collect the registration fee on Wednesday at the event. Looks like were going to have about 50 people there. Frank told me he has all the events finalized and ready to go.

The single digit countdown is on.

For Peg and I, we depart for Salisbury in nine days.

see you there.

Charlie and Peg

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 4 of them

OK, today is Wednesday September 17, 2014. Why is that important?

Because in seven days Peg and I, along with our friends will be departing Wall, NJ about 0600 dark for Salisbury, NC. We expect to arrive around dinner time at the hotel.

To those attending the DMAC, travel safe, Peg and I will see you a week from today.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 4 of them

Charlie and Peg, have a safe trip down as well as all Durantonians traveling to the National Meet. Right now we have about 54 registered to attend and maybe a few other showing up, who have not registered. Right now the forecast looks like it will be highs in the mid to upper 70's with lows in the mid 50's. Only a slight chance of rain about 10%, so lets hope that holds until after our event.

Last post for me today, I will be heading out in the morning to NC. Soooo if you change your mind and decide to come to the National, just show up and you can register there. Everyone already registered and coming to the event, have a safe trip and see you there.

Home of Cherrywine soda, I read on the internet- Right Mike! Bet you'll have some waiting for all of us when we get there!
We head out at 6AM Wednesday morning. See you Wednesday evening!

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

Pam & I wish you all an enjoyable and safe meeting. Wish we were there.

This Sunday is the Bay to Birdwood Run from the seaside to Birdwood, the National Motor Museum in the Adelaide Hills. A 70Km route (140 return.)
However, following a broken crankshaft I decided on a complete rebuild, and that is when the problems started. I wont bore you with the details now, but we are ready to put the motor back in tomorrow, and hopefully we will be ready to take our place in the line up Sunday morning. Your prayers are welcome.
The Run is the largest staged anywhere in the world, and is for non modified vehicles manufactured up to December 1955.
We will be thinking of you and look forward to the usual comprehensive photo album.

Where Are You From? Adelaide, South Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Rugby Tourer & 2 Hopefull project Rugbys

Frank Good luck with the race/run and show the world what a Rugby really is. Make Durant Motors proud!. Australia will be represented with Trevor and Dee Grieve from New South Wales. Have a great time, I'm sure we all will over here too.

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club