Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1927 Locomobile

Hi,

First thing is that I have had no experience with Locomobile and know very little about them. I do have a couple of questions that I hope someone on this forum can help me with.

There is a negative for sale on eBay of a 1927 Locomobile club sedan. You can see it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/8X10-Film-Negative-1927-Locomobile-Sedan-/360875220735?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item5405d6deff

I looked at a photo of a 1927 catalog being sold on eBay and in the page showing body styles, this body is not shown. Is it a custom body? Is the builder known? Are any examples of this body style known to exist currently? Is the Victoria Sedan body shown in the catalog the same as a 5 passenger sedan or are there differences? Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Steve

Where Are You From? California

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

The Durant Motors Automobile Club