Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet!

Starting to make arrangements for the DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet. Looks like this Spring we will be in Northern Indiana. Tentative tours are to the Studebaker Museum and the Hudson Museum. Tentative dates will be April 24th through the 27th but more likely May 01, through the 4th. Will keep you posted on exact date and hotel once I get it locked in and work out the specifics.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet!

Hi Mike, I was wondering if there is any more definite plans for the East Coast Meet? I think people would like to start making transportation plans.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Hey Bill
It will be April 24th through the 27th in Elkhart, Indiana, just down the road from you guys. I should have the hotel locked in sometime this week and I've already contacted the museums we are traveling to. I'll post it as soon as I lock it in.

Mike

Mike:
I was hoping it would be in May. We will be in Victoria, BC from April 22 - 29 visiting our son & family.
Hope you have a great time.
Gord & Mary Carolyne

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Accommodations for the East Coast Chapter Spring Meet, Elkhart, Indiana, April 24th through April 27, 2014

Hampton Inn
215 Northpointe Blvd., Elkhart, Indiana, 46514, USA
TEL: 1-574-264-2525 FAX: 1-574-264-9164

Contact the hotel directly and ask for the Durant Motors Automobile Club Group Rate which is $89.00 per night plus tax. Cut off date for the group rate is April 10, 2014. After that date the rates go back to the regular rate of $128 to $135 per night so don't delay, book today, as they say! See you all in Elkhart!

Thanks Mike: Will get our reservations made ASAP see you there.

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Mike, Looking forward to Elkhart, With all intent
will bring our Duant, Reservations made.
Ken

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 4 door sedan Durant

Tom & Karen, Ken & Dorothy, Great! Look forward to seeing you all there. I'm planning a great meet and we are going to visit some great places. Now if the weather cooperates, the snow melts and no flooding. Think positive, think positive, think positive. I would hope that some of the other Michiganders and our Canadian members would pop down too. I've been promised plenty of truck and trailer parking there. Rheal I've been told that the snow will be gone by then and it will not be in the 30's and snowing like last years ECC meet.

Made our reservations today, Mike, Tom said to be sure to bring some Florida sunshine and good weather with you to the meet. Looking forward to another great time with you all.

Where Are You From? PA

Hi All.....

Reservations made, Cathy & I arrive on Wednesday.

Will bring a Star or Durant.

See Y'all there........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Great Frank!
Hey bring one of the cars anyway, and please please no fires this time!

A little under a month till the cut off time for the discounted rooms. I've spoken to the snow gods and they tell me they will go away by then and the spring will be coming in. I know there are more Michiganders and Canadian friends that should be able to make this one. I'll box up as much warmth and sunshine from down here in Florida if you want and bring it along. Maybe I can also ship up some sand, but palm trees will not get past TSA so we're out of luck on them.

hey ralphie....are you going to the meet this spring?...call me...

610-279-3116 any evening after 6 pm but Thursday....gary k

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star trg

Don't forget to register early at the hotel for the ECC Spring Meet. We're going to have a great time and visit some really great museums and places. Got a real good eating place planned too! I know it's hard to think of this when you still got snow piled up high and some coming maybe this week, but it's only a month away now so what a great way to welcome in the spring and warmer weather. Great time to get the ole gal out, dust of the cobwebs, oil her up and crank her up. And I'm not talking about your wife either!

Hey wanted to let everyone know that I have a special guest coming to the East Coast Spring meet! Billy D's long lost twin! Naw April Fools!. But it is getting closer, and I understand that the weather is warming up some. Chicago had in the low 60's yesterday I believe so spring will be coming. If you haven't contacted the hotel and made your reservations now is the time! Remember the cut off date for the discount. Besides those that have posted on this forum so far, who else is coming?

Mike at this time about how many response's to the East coast Meet??
Slowly trying to get ready for the trip.
Ken

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

Not sure Ken, I'll try to call the hotel in the morning to find out how many rooms have been reserved so far. I hope we have a good number! Weather should be warming up by then.

Just made reservations and looking forward to another great meet!

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

OK Durantonians! let's get off our duffs and pick up the phone and make those reservations for our Spring Meet. You know you want to get that car out and drive it. The weather will be getting better and I know you all have got to have cabin fever in the great North, especially all those in Michigan and Canada. I've got a great time planned, and you know you always have fun with your fellow Durantonians. AS OF THIS MORNING ONLY 6, YES I SAID 6 ROOMS HAVE BEEN RESERVED AT THE HOTEL, I KNOW WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT! You only have a short time left to reserve the hotel at the special rate, so don't delay, even if you make the reservation, you should be able to cancel it within 24 hours of the arrival time.

Hi Mike, We have been strangers since Kalamazoo, but will be joining you Thursday afternoon. We are not bringing the Star but have a van we can haul people in if needed.
See you on the 24th!
Ron

Where Are You From? Illinoios, USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '27 Star Depot, '24 Star project

Hi Ron & Sharron;
Great to have you and you've been missed. Often at these events we talk about "what ever happened to" or "Has anyone seen". Once a Durantonian and a Durant family member, always a Durant family member I say. It will be great to see you all there. If the weather cooperates we should have a great time. There is a lot to do in the area and I have tried to plan a great event for us. Lots to do and see. For everyone else, only a couple more days left to register at the hotel so don't procrastinate, call in that reservation right away. You can cancel if within 24 hours if you can't make it. Time to get the dust off the car and get it out, even if it doesn't run, tow it anyway so we all can see it. See you all there!

OK, Ralph and Judy are coming now, so TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE DISCOUNT RATE. MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS TODAY! After that your on your own for the rate. So far only 7 rooms reserved. You don't want to miss this one1

We're about a week away from the ECC Spring Meet. I've been told that the weather will be spring like and no rain forecast. That gives everyone this next weekend to make sure your cars are running and capable of traveling about 60 miles round trip. Route has been planned and looks like a great area and attractions to visit. I'll be arriving on Thursday afternoon and will have handouts for participants there. See you all next week!

Weather still looks OK for next, slight chance of showers, but for you guys I guess it's warming up. Been in contact with the museums and we're set there. It's still not to late to join us. There are some good deals at area hotels, not as good as the DMAC price at the host hotel, but average prices for hotels. Hope to see many of you there!

Hi All.....

The Star is in the trailer, put the top up so no surprises for Karen like we had in Kalamazoo.

Flint wheels for Jack in the truck.

Cathy has at least 5 suitcases packed!!!!!!

Guess we are ready!

See Y'all soon.......

Frank

---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting

Frank does that mean I get the honor of riding in your car again, I am a good door holder!!!!! I will not miss the mice however. See you there we are packing the veh. tonight to leave in the morning.

Where Are You From? PA

Everyone have a safe trip. Flying out in the early morning to Grand Rapids. Should be there by late in the afternoon.

Well it's over, another fine meet as far as I'm concerned. A bit chilly but it was great to see everyone again. I thought the Hudson Car Museum and the Studebaker Museum and the Oliver House were fantastic. Nice to see how the other half lived back then. If anyone ever has the chance to visit the area, there are some great things to do there and it's a real nice area. See everyone in North Carolina in September!

Well done Mike. I don't know how you did it from 1000 miles away but the meet was well planned. As expected, some glitches with the route maps but the Keystone Cops routines were a hoot! We can't remember having so much fun.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you again.
Ron & Sharon

Where Are You From? Illinois, USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '27 Star Depot, '24 Star project

Hi All...

WOW !! What a great time we had in Elkhart. Always good to see old friends and make new ones.

Thanks Mike for putting together another "long distance" meet.

A very good turn out of people and cars.

The weather was nice, and we got to get the cars ready for summer. Bill & I both discovered that Stars run better with new batteries.

See Y'all in North Carolina!

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting

The Durant Motors Automobile Club