Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.
This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org
Started this thread to let you know what is new at the Durant Motors Automobile Museum. You can go there by clicking on the button to your left marked "museum" or directly by going to www.durantmuseum.org.
1. Several new items have been added to the "Items and Artifacts" section.
2. A number of new photographs have been added to the "Photograph" Section
3. Thanks to member Dave Schulte, copies of the original Durant Partners published by the Durant Motors Corporation have been added in the "Books and Publication" section. Check them out, you can go to the publication, and at the bottom of the item information section you can click on the button "Click Here" and read the entire magazine by flipping the page with your mouse.
Now there is a lot more Durant photographs, documents and data out there that we need to obtain and preserve for future generations. Look in your collection and consider donating these items to the museum for the world to share! We are also always accepting monetary donations for the museum. Your monies have allowed us to purchase the software to make this Virtual Museum a reality. Lets keep Billy Durant and the history of Durant Motors alive.
Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida
A PayPal Donation button has been added to the "Contact Us" page so it is easier to contribute directly to the museum fund now.
Just added to the site are some additional Flint Automobile advertisements. Additionally eight (8) issues of "The Sales Starter", a Durant Motors Inc publication to Dealers and salesmen concerning the Star Automobile have been added. Thanks to member Dave Schulte for taking the time to scan these newsletters and providing them to the museum. Just like the original Durant Standards that are on there, you can click on the various issues and then click at the bottom to load and read the entire issue using the flip page program. Check it out!
Recently Added to the Museum site:
1. Two Stock Certificates, 1925 Durant and Hydraulic Pressed Bearing Company.
2. Durant Family Registry patch.
3. Several issues of original Durant's Standard magazine (1920's) Flip book available.
4. 1986 Ten Year Index issue of "Durant's Standard", Durant Family Registry club magazine with a listing of all articles and items of interest in the previous ten years of "The Registry".
5. 1976 to 1981 issues of "The Registry" from the Durant Family Registry.
6. 2007 Spring and Winter issue of the "Durant Partner" Current DMAC Club Magazine.
* NOTE: Early issues of "The Registry" are great for conducting research on your vehicle. Many past members have written "how to" articles and articles on replacement parts for our cars. You can use the 1986 Index issue to look up the article issue and number and then go to that issue and read it. *
Remember that you can view the entire magazine issue, but clicking on the link button at the bottom of the item description area. Depending on your computer it will load a flip book that you can view each page by turning the page with your cursor. Dial up connections may take a while to load up.
More issues and items to come.
Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida
Recently added to the Museum Site;
1. Several new Star & Locomobile advertisements.
2. Volume 6 and Volume 7 of the DMAC club magazine from 1981 & 1982.
Where Are You From? Worldwide
Wow, just got notified we've hit the 5,000 mark on visits to the museum web site. Although this does not show new individual visits, but all visits including returning visits it is great that people are visiting the site to learn more about the history of Durant Motors and our club.
Keep on spreading the word! AND we appreciate all you do for the club!
Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego
Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31