Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another DeVaux found

First of all I have to thank Frank for the E-mail last night that led me to this find.

There are some names on the Registry that go back a lot of years since last contact. This 31 Sport Coupe was last known to be in up-state N.Y. in the 80's. The man I just talked to bought it from a man that found it under a haystack in another small town a few miles from him.

I am also trying to locate what I call the "Ben Minger" car. Mr. Minger was a DeVaux dealer from Salt Lake City that went to Oakland to pick up one of the first cars. His car was sold in Utah in 11/92. Lost contact after that.

Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Another DeVaux found

HELLO GARY
ITS BEEN ALONG TIME SINCE I HEARD BENS NAME,IN THE LATE 60S EARLY SEVENTIES I BOUGHT ALOT OF PARTS FROM BEN,HE WAS A WORLD OF DEVAUX INFO,AS I REMEMBER HE HAD 1 OR 2 PARTS CARS,I ALSO WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS SEDAN AND ALL THE PARTS,MAYBE STILL IN THE FAMILY,I HAVE HIS ADDRESS SOMEWHERE I WONDER IF ONE OF HIS KIDS MOVED INTO THE HOUSE,MAYBE STILL HAS THE DEVAUX,I KNOW YOUR RIGHT ABOUT HIM BEING A DEVAUX DEALER HE TOLD ME STORIES ABOUT IT,IF I CAN ILL DIG UP THE ADDRESS AND SEE IF I CAN FIND A RELATIVE LIVING THERE,WORTH A TRY,GARY TAKE CARE AND STAY IN TOUCH
WOULD LIKE SOME INFO AND PICE OF THE NEW YORK DEVAUX WHEN YOU GET THEM, DAVE

Where Are You From? SO CALIF

Do You own a car built by Durant? DEVAUXS

The Durant Motors Automobile Club