Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Careful

I have a want for a left front fender on the parts forum & was answered by David Hardy from Kansas City KS. The picture sent was a beautiful rear fender for another car. I don't know if it was a scam or not, be careful. By the way, I still need a lt. frt. fender for my 25 Star. Glenn

Where Are You From? Arizona

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star

Re: Careful

Hi Glenn
I would hope that the scam artists would not find and target the Durant Forum, but I do know that the Antique Automobile Club of America has had various members targeted by several. Most of the times it is from overseas and several have been from England, but you always have to beware. One individual on the forum contacted a person who was selling a car and when he asked for pictures it was his own cars photo he received. It seems the crook did not check out his stock photo he obtained off the Internet and sent the picture to the owner representing the one he was selling. You have to be very careful today and always ask for contact number and call the individual and talk to him. Never send money via Western Union if they request as anyone can pick it up from Western Union and there is no way to track the pickup and very likely any recovery of funds. The old adage if it sounds to good to be true than be cautious is still a very good saying. Our forum is open to everyone, not just DMAC members, so any crook can come along and try to fleece one of us on that hard to find part. Buyer Beware is the word for the day!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

The Durant Motors Automobile Club